What Inspires you When Playing a Character?

3640400589?profile=RESIZE_710x

3640401128?profile=RESIZE_710xMore or less what the title says. What do you guys take inspiration from when playing or developing a character. What influences your decisions when making choices for your character? It doesn't just have to be Skyrim or Fallout either, anything goes. Got some unique things you've put into a Mass Effect, Witcher or Assassin's Creed playthrough? I'd like to hear em!

For me I tend to try and build a character around a specific inspiration or theme. I've taken inspiration from books, history, tv, movies even music for some of my characters.

My last playthrough of Mass Effect Andromeda I played a character that was a biotic assassin. I used Tactical Cloak, Throw, Pull and the Assari Sword with the Adept specialization to take down enemies quickly and control groups with biotics. I took a few inspirations from Star Wars and Halo for that character, making use of the “Force” abilities that Jedi and Sith have and the “Active Camoflague” Elites use along with their plasma infused Energy Swords from Halo.

My first Skyrim build “The Stormrider” was developed around a metal album called “Night of the Stormrider” By Iced Earth. My Witch Arrow build took inspiration from some Celtic mythology/beliefs namely the sidhe and fae. It also was heavily influenced by the “Dalish Elves” from the Dragon Age series.

Have you got any ideas for what you’d like to do for characters for upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077 or Outer Worlds? I for one would love to make a character in Cyberpunk 2077 that is akin to “Major” from Ghost in the Shell.

Anyway, guys that’s it for me. So tell me what inspires you? 

- Cheers Furrion -

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I usually take inspiration from archetypes, other video games or emblematic figures (joker, the Kraken, etc.)

• A lot of general class archetypes from other rpgs, Diablo 2 which I played a ton, artwork I find, and DnD/MtG stuff.

I am actually playing a dnd character I really loved back when I played before I moved.

• "For me I tend to try and build a character around a specific inspiration or theme. I've taken inspiration from books, history, tv, movies even music for some of my characters. " This, or any lore I find interesting

This reply was deleted.