Character Build: The Black Market Merchant

Race: Khajiit

Main Focus: Archery, Enchanting, Speech

Other Focus: Sneak, Lockpicking, Light Armor

M/H/S= 0/3/2

OVERVIEW: The Black Market Merchant is a whole new kind of scoundrel. An archer with an inherent gift in soul trap magics, the BMM seeks riches through the bartering of captured souls.( NOT TO BE PLAYED AS STEALTH ARCHER)

BACKSTORY: The Black Market Merchant was nothing more than your average, everyday swindler. A failed theif that approached every moment as a means for back alley profit. The Black Market Merchant always could rely on his/her wit and cunning ferocity to get exactly what they wanted. Until the fateful night, in some run down tavern, The merchant was approached by a traveling scholar of sorts. The scholar was disgusted in the antics of such a despicable creature, but saw the merchant as having the makings of a deadly minion to carry out nefarious deeds. The scholar offered the Merchant the ability to trap ones soul inside a shiny crystalline object, the more powerful the creatures, the more the filled gem would sell for to "certain enchanters." The lowlife merchant, mesmerized by the soul gem, agreed wholeheartedly with the offer. As the gems get filled, so does The Black Market Merchants pockets!

" Bhistargo has heard tell that Skyrim is under civil distress. The frozen land is ripe with the souls of a thousand unfortunate. Bhistargo will go and exploit this havoc. And he will become rich in the process."

6302999479?profile=RESIZE_400xMods:

Ordinator

Scoped bows

Rich Merchants

Live another Life.

PerkS:

Archery: mastery 2/2, clean kill,quick shot, ranger,snipe

Speech: all Mercantile based perks! 

Enchanting: mastery 2/2, Gem Dust, Soul Siphon, Regalia, Attunement. ( Add twins and Miracle to make soul siphoning fun and quick!)

This is a go-to fun roleplaying build. And my first ever build. Be gentle, but I would love constructive criticism! 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey nice job for your first build. 

One suggesting I would make is going into greater detail on your perks - why you chose them and what they do for your build. How do they synergize with each other as well as your chosen spells, items, shouts, powers etc. 

• Thank you so much for the critique! I have been looking at other builds and I'm seeing what all I left out. Can you edit these builds or are they already set and published?

• Looks like the solid groundwork for your first build. I agree with Curse - I would love to see more detail on why you take the perks. Another technique that can make a build stand out is to add a section for “special tactics” that set the build apart from others, even if they take similar perks. Your comment on how the character is not a stealth archer is a great starting point; what tactics do you use instead?

• Thank you so much for the critique! I had added the "non stealth archer" bit because I know how alot of people fear the play style would turn into that.

The play style is more of a run and shoot fast paced archery build that switched between bow and the "soul trap" spell. The player could switch this up a little and and use unarmed combat on advancing targets. ( just remember to hit them with a soul trap before pile driving them)

The latter part of the gaming experience, once enchantment is leveled, is endowing any chosen bow with the soul trap enchantment.

For gear I went with the mod "stained leathers" for the aesthetic of a thief leathers( their guild armor will do as well) coupled with the bandolier mod that can add a mage satchel ( make right and left satchel to hold more gems and aesthetically it actually looks authentic) other than that its player choice on whether they want to add jewelry. Though wearing a mage hood or ring of magikarp can help early game for casting the soul trap spell.

I suppose you could use a bound bow that levels to have soul trap, but the BMM is not meant to be a magical based character. The one spell is pretty much all they know.

Thanks again guys! You're awesome!

• Love the overall concept and you had me at "non stealth archer" haha.

Good base but because I am greedy I just want more. Maybe fill out some more details concerning what persk worked and what did not. Also how you got out of any sticky situations if you are not primarily a stealth archer. Essentially maybe putting in a gameplay section with more detail.

Cool concept and looking forward to more if you got em!

This reply was deleted.