Character Build: The Revakriid

The Revakriid (from the dragon words revak, meaning "sacred," and kriid, meaning "slayer") is a hunter and vanquisher of dragons and dragon priests. For every draconic foe he slays, his own power grows. He uses Alchemy and Enchanting, in conjunction with the Talos Amulet and Blessing, to achieve a complete mastery of the Thu'um: 100% Fortify Shouts (completely eliminating the cooldown time for all shouts except Dragon Aspect). This allows him to pull off some truly amazing Shout combos, granting him the ability to cut through draconic foes as if they were mere mudcrabs.

14366691?profile=original

I went through a bunch of revisions with this build before I found something that felt just right. I wanted to come up with something that revolved around optimizing Fortify Shouts, while still having a more lore-friendly side. I'm having a lot of fun playing this one; it's very fast-paced, and the Shouts are much more interesting and diverse than any of the standard magic schools. If you've never used Shouts as a primary mode of combat, give this build a shot.

The Build

· Race » Breton. Chosen for their magic resistance, but any race will do.

· Stone » The Lord.

· Major Skills » Alchemy, Enchanting

· Minor Skills » Two-handed, Heavy Armor

· Attributes » 3 Health 2 Stamina / 0 Magicka

· Quests » Companions, Boethiah's Calling, Thieves Guild (up to becoming a Nightingale)

· Key Passives » Blessing of Talos, Dragonborn Force

Equipment

14366738?profile=original

Tracing the Origins

In his youth, the Revakriid fought with the Companions, ascending to the rank of Harbinger. However, leading the guild inevitably became dull to the young warrior, so he left the Companions to seek adventure elsewhere. To this day, the Revakriid still fights with a Nord Hero weapon, a tribute to his days in Whiterun. A great perk of becoming Harbinger is that Farkas will offer 5 free levels of Heavy Armor training for every character level increase: just make sure he is your follower before you pay him, and take your gold back after training.

14366695?profile=original

Alchemical Aptitude

At 100 Enchanting, the Revakriid can create a set of Alchemist gear (four pieces of your favorite clothing, each with 25% Fortify Alchemy). Wear this set of gear when making your potions, and the effects will be magnificent. The Revakriid has several key potions in his arsenal:

Inv_potion_109.png?width=64Healer's Salve

· Effect » Restoration spells and effects are 150% more effective.

· Ingredients » Yellow Mountain Flower & Abecean Longfin

Inv_potion_116.png?width=64Infusion of Infarction

· Effect » Inflicts 150 damage, and slows movement speed to 50% for 150 seconds.

· Ingredients » Deathbell & River Betty

Inv_potion_66.png?width=64Debilitating Distillate

· Effect » Causes 30 damage per second for 10 seconds, and 30 seconds of paralysis.

· Ingredients » Canis Root & Imp Stool & Mora Tapinella

Inv_potion_73.png?width=64Essence of Rejuvenation

· Effect » Restores 188 health, and fortifies health by 120 points for 60 seconds.

· Ingredients » Blue Mountain Flower & Wheat

All ingredients except for Yellow Mountain Flower can be grown in the garden, greenhouse, or fish hatchery (via Hearthfire DLC). The mountain flower can be harvested in bulk at Ancestor Glade (via Dawnguard DLC), even if the player has not begun the Dawnguard story. Having a Hearthfire house is a tremendous asset to this build: not only does it allow you to cultivate nearly all of the important ingredients, but it also allows you to build a personal Talos shrine in your basement. This will be extremely handy for the Revakriid's key selling point: his Voice.

14366742?profile=originalBecause of the awesome appearance of the kit, and the forgiving reach and swing radius of the greatsword, I suggest playing this build primarily in third person.

Thu'um Mastery

The secret to the Revakriid's unique control of the Voice lies in his Healer's Salve, described above. The Fortify Restoration potion effect applies to enchantments and blessings, as long as they are taken while under the potion's effects. The Revakriid uses this trick with the Talos amulet and blessing to master the Voice:

• Amulet of Talos » (20%) × (1 + 150%) = 50% Fortify Shouts (indefinitely)

• Blessing of Talos » (20%) × (1 + 150%) = 50% Fortify Shouts (for 8 hours)

• Combined » 50% + 50% = 100% Fortify Shouts!

14366802?profile=originalWith his theoretical foundation of the Voice completed, the Revakriid's main focus now is to collect Words of Power, as he studies to achieve a true practical mastery of the Thu'um. Experiment with Shout combos, and unlock their true potential.

I have listed a couple of fun combinations below, but there are many, many more for you to discover! Dragons and Dragon Priests will bow before your Voice!

With the help of Fortify Smithing potions and enchantments, you should be able to make your greatswords very powerful. Consider having one or two enchanted swords, as well as an unenchanted one for Elemental Fury. The Dragonborn DLC adds Nordic Carved greatswords, which look downright gorgeous, if you want to mix things up from the Nord Hero greatswords.

Even though the Revakriid is not a stealthy character by nature, the Ebony Mail’s Muffle effect combines with custom potions of Invisibility and/or Fortify Sneak, allowing him to breeze through the Thieves Guild quest line for the Nightingale Hood. Your AR will be decent by default, but you can buff it with enchantments if you desire. I found it was unnecessary; with proper usage of Shouts, you can completely control every battle.

Now, all that is left to do is to fill out the shrine at Labryinthian, hone your Thu’um, and fulfill your destiny as Dovahkiin!

14366745?profile=RESIZE_710xLevel 35 perk selection. Click the image for full resolution.

Special Abilities 

7IqsnPf.jpg?width=105Wind Dance

Words of Power  »  Dun ·  Ven ·  Tuz  (Grace Wind Blade)

Using an unprecedented mastery of the Thu’um, the Revakriid dances around his enemies with the speed and precision of a true Dovah.

Requires » Slow Time, and Elemental Fury.

7652038?profile=RESIZE_180x180Frost Grip

Words of Power  »  Iiz ·  Laas ·  Diin  (Ice Life Freeze)

The Revakriid freezes the enemy in its tracks, while sucking health away passively via shouts and enchantments.

Requires » Marked for Death, Storm Call, Ice Form, and Ebony Mail.

Acknowledgements

· Ponty » For providing the awesome screenshots.

· lingy-0 » DeviantArt user who made the header image. View his page here.

· Adrik » For discovering the use of Yellow Mountain Flowers in Fortify Restoration potions.

14377892?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One more like to master rank. Too bad I already liked it. 

This reply was deleted.