The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmm I'll give you that. It is harder but sometimes much more rewarding. (From a gameplay perspective).

Then there's characters were you sit there for hours choosing what Skills. *cough* Morrowind *cough* because the choice is either too big or too small.

• I’ve never played high elves before. Can anyone recommend a good high elf build?

• I’m sensing a little bias there, Kaiser. 

• Hello everyone. I desire to play a good aligned vampire and would like assistance finding a suitable build.

• Have you taken a look at Ponty’s Nightguard? He’s a vampire that’s overcome his need to feed and now uses his powers for good. 

https://theskyforge.ning.com/groups/tes-character-building/forum/ch...

Character Build: The Nightguard
      Something I've been thinking about after Dawnguard is why 95% of Vampires are always the bad guys. What if there was a good Vampire with a bit of a d…
    • Thank you thank you! I’m reading through it right now and it’s exactly what I needed!

• Hello,

So I’ve hit a tough spot for a character/build I’ve been playing. Basically what I’m doing is like a high power vampire emperor type guy who focuses on illusion and necromancy.  I’m around level 15 and my problem is that I’m basically very weak. For the earlier levels I kinda just used the ritual stone (which makes raising spells useless) and stayed back and spammed calm and fear which is not fun at all. Then I have no real means of attacking besides doing the vamp lord glitch for blood magic which is too overpowered already.

So what I’m wondering is if destruction would kinda be valid with my character-it would give me something to do damage with but I don’t want to entirely focus on it so I don’t lose the main idea of gaining power over others

also I’ve been going a little into alchemy and enchanting but I’ve never found much use out of alchemy in general and enchanting I feel isn’t very useful since all my gear is preenchanted except for an amulet and boots and gloves. What are some potion recipes that could be useful for a mage?

Lastly I was wondering about some of the effects or vamp Necromage. How does it effect equilibrium?

sorry this is long I just figured I could get the most answers here so thanks!

• Hey Jordan,

If you’re not completely opposed to using Destruction magic you may find frost spells helpful. If you’d rather Work more behind the scenes, debuffing  your enemies in the ensuing chaos, You might find poison tune helpful. It’s effects not only stack but get more powerful with potions of restoration (more on that later). 

I can see no reason not to give Alchemy a try for this character. Potions will greatly enhance the efficacy of your spell effects, and those enhancements are even stronger with Necromage. 

Mages benefit a lot from any potions that restores and/or Fortifies Magicka and Magicka Regen, as well as any potion that fortifies a school of magic. 

I believe Necromage will cause equilibrium to drain 25% more health per second while restoring 25% more Magicka.

This reply was deleted.