The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I want to build a character who purely uses archery, but can kill people proficiently without being in serious danger. My preferred races I have consideredd making are nord, bosmer, and Breton. Any thoughts?

• Go bosmer and take slow time. 

• Shameless advertizing aside, you can give my Night Usher a read for some tips and tricks for an archery-slow time build

Character Build: The Night Usher
      Long, long ago, on a website ever so far away, there was one character build which used a mere two skills, a single shout, and a paragraph-length rol…
  • Can anyone here help me learn enchanting? I know how to enchant things but I don't know how to get my hands on filled soul gems or how to fill soul gems. I am doing this with a pure archer btw and enchanting so going to be handy. Please help!

• You will need the Soul trap spell, or A soul trap enchantment. You can obtain the Spell from a Court Wizard or at the College of Winterhold, or as random loot. You can get the enchantment at random from stores or as loot. Soul gems are often easily found on dead mage NPC's or in thier lairs, or can be bought off of a court wizard or the College of Winterhold.

• You can gain  enchanting experience by disenchanting enchanted armor or weapons  

• Also if you have the septims there is an enchanting trainer at the COW

• Out of the three destruction spell types, frost has been my favorite. However, since the majority of enemies in skyrim are immune to frost damage I was wondering if there's any way to use the power of frost but have an easy and fun time doing so. Thoughts?

• All frost spells have a chance to slow enemies. Combine that effect with fear spells and watch enemies run away at a snail’s pace.

• I wanna make a nord character, but I have a problem. I can't decide between one handed and shield, dual weilding, and two handed. To me two handed is two slow for my playstyle which leaves one handed and sheild or dual wielding. Any suggestions? 

This reply was deleted.