The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you're having issues with the speed of two-handers it might be worth looking into something like the Ebony Blade or the Longhammer. Both of these are two-handed weapons which are much faster than usual. Longhammer can be obtained right out of the gate if you're fast and/or stealthy too!

• I've got a question for you guys. Do you guys prefer two handed, sword and shield, or dual wield, and why?

• I don’t have a preference. I just go with whatever suits he character I’m playing.

• Can you froge  Nordic or bonemold armor in special edition? If so, how do you get the recipes for them?

• Yes you can. Steel smithing for bonemold and Advanced armors for Nordic Carved

• How early in the game can you acquire bonemold armor? 

• Building a pure mage character and i had a question. Which would you say is better, more magica and stat boosts in all schools of magic or magic resistance and ability of 50% chance to absorb magic.

• Depends on the character I suppose. But personally I'd go with magic resistance and ability to 50% chance to absorb more magic. Also for Bonemold, you can get a full set (from a dead guard) in Solstheim, just east of Raven Rock, with Elven Arrows, Bow and Sword at Lvl 1.

• Don't build a character off of race alone, both Altmer and Bretons make good pure mages, but even outside bets like Orsimer and Nords can be really fun and engaging magic wielders. Only YOU can decide on that aspect of character creation.

To add something further as well, I notice that you're posting up very basic questions here quite often. I recommend that you check out the search function on the wiki, you'll find answers to most if not all of your questions there that you'd otherwise be asking here. Here's a link

UESPWiki - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages
  • Okay guys, I have a conundrum. I love playing as a Nord and want to create a build for my next playthrough, but I'm torn between two concepts.

The first is a hardy, noble savage who has a deep respect for the natural order and therefore follows the ways of Hircine and Kynareth. He will wander Skyrim seeking worthy prey and will sooner battle Skyrim's elements than linger in civilisation for too long. He will join the companions and possibly help the Stormcloaks in the civil war for starters.

The second is a great arcane warrior and crafter who dons heavy armour and wields a mighty hammer, both of his own making. His ultimate goal is to seek magical artifacts, knowledge and power. He will obviously aim to achieve this by joining the College of Winterhold.

I have a rough idea of what their back stories will be but they are just in the embryonic stages but I have thought about their skills and decided that both will ultimately become the Dragonborn. Which one has the most roleplay potential, do you think? I will put the skill descriptions below.

Hunter build: Archery, One-Handed, Block, Light Armour, Restoration.

Arcane build: Two Handed, Heavy Armour, Conjuration, Enchanting, Alteration, Smithing.

Many thanks

This reply was deleted.