The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hate to break it to you but you need one of those hag raven heads or no cure. 

• You could contract vampirism through Dawnguard and then cure yourself. You should just be normal after that.

• I wanted to build make a mage, and I've learned a great way to level up very fast in the early going. However I can't decide on a race. So... Altmer or Breton?

• Altmer definitely. High Born helps a lot with leveling magick skill trees

• I'm debating whether or not to use armor with my mage. I want to souly use magic and no physical weapons unless it's a staff. However, I don't want to die really quickly by physical damage. Yes I know about the different spells that give you armour. 

• Well straight away there's the flesh spells and they can be buffed with perks, they're not that good though until you get the adept ones. You'll be doing a lot of dying if you only rely on those. One of the tactics I use to mitigate the lack of armour is crowd control spells, Illusion and Frost spells in particular but shouts are also handy. It depends on your build of course!

• What's the best way to play using magic?

Pure magic and robes, pure magic and armor, magic with armor and swords.

• I recently finished a mage/warrior hybrid build that utilises Two-Handed weapons, Heavy Armour and an array of support magic and it is pretty dang powerful - The Soul-Shaper. I think magic alone is not the most efficient build unless you get help from perk overhauls like Vokrii and Ordinator so I tend to play hybrids.

• Which race in the Elder Scrolls has suffered the most hardship? The race has to have suffered catastrophes like extinction, difficulties with where the civilization lives, etc. The race has to be known for their honor as well. I feel like the Orcs and Redgaurds come closest but I'm not sure.

• I’d say it’s a toss up between Argonians and Orcs. 

This reply was deleted.