The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This is a personal question I have. If you had to pick a race from the elder scrolls which best closely relates to the Jews which race would it be? 

• I would say Altmers : alliance with Auri-El reminds me the alliance between the Jews and their God. Altmer consider themselves as chosen by their divinity (elected people amongst the other people) and so, like Jews think it is their duty to rule by wisdom. Altmers do not encourage mixing with other races since the link with their deity is linked to the blood (Mer=Auri-El and Men=Lorkhan).

Altmers have been persecuted by Men and now rise in a new domination, persecuting others too, so the domination of human races will end. It is the same for the Jews who had persecutions but did not hesitated to persecute or annihilate other people to expand their dominion as it was described in the Book of Joshua (killing of Canaan civilians men, women and children, the destruction of Jericho and Aï).

Altmers are also a people of culture with a strong superiority complex type, just like Jews. Look at Flavius Joseph, a romanized jewish historian : he saluted the greatness of Rome and the genius of the greeks but even nowadays jewish scholars use to hate him for this. 

Despite that, Atmers and Jews are amongst the brightest scholars and intellectuals.

Hope it helped

• Guys I need help. What nightblade builds do you recommend?

• Fishdoubts Weeping Angel is a goodie.

I got my Shadow of Dawn, which is Nightblade adept at hunting the Undead and "teleportation" Magic.

• Hello, I’m new to the community and feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of builds available. Can anyone recommend good assassin builds to play? I’d like to avoid using magic if at all possible. I’d prefe a build that can hold its own out of stealth. 

• Hmm, my Seraph of the End could be up your ally https://theskyforge.ning.com/groups/tes-character-building/forum/ev...

Event Build: The Seraph of The End
        Greetings and salutations everypony, and welcome to my first non-collab build for Crossworlds 2019! Welcome to an assassin of assassins, a heavily…
    • I read it through but it is not quite my cup of tea. But thank you though. 

• Hi Griffith, you might find what you're after under the Assassin tag in the Archives.

assassin - Skyrim Character Building
      Skyrim Character Builds - Fan-fiction - Role-play - Blogs - Community
  • I'm currently working on my first build: a witch with the ability to switch between different shapes (vanilla). For more details it's posted in WIP. I'm trying to make it work with hybrid werewolf-vampire glitch but any new idea will be welcome

• I've been meaning to comment there but I suppose I'll post my thoughts here. Its a good build with a lot of potential, but the hybrid werewolf vampire lord form is a very tricky exploit. My advice would be to make this a 'paths' build, where your witch takes up either the path of the werewolf or the path of the vampire lord. To make the two paths distinct each can focus on the core strengths of each form. 

Here's a good example of paths builds you could use. Here Elysium has essentially created 3 distinct character builds in one bound by a common theme. 

https://theskyforge.ning.com/groups/tes-character-building/forum/ch...

Character Build: Shamans of Skyrim
      ֎ A shaman is a religious leader of a small group of worshippers and is responsible for spiritual healing and protection, offering wisdom and interpr…
This reply was deleted.