The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So I'm thinking about a new build, it's more like a series of builds: Orsinium Chieftains. This builds would aim to make a character build of any breed of the orc race: Wood Orcs, Iron Orcs and standard Orcs. I'm currently working on the Wood Orc and it's pretty fun to play, but I'm not sure to do only this build or a complete series of orc builds, what you you guys think?

Ideas for more clans or breeds of orcs will be welcomed

• Could a dual wield heavy armor type character be effective with no perk points put into one-handed or heavy armor? The concept I had in mind was an Altmer wizard artifact hunter masquerading as a Nord heavily armored warrior. One idea I had was that he'd hack & slash his way to boss monsters before letting himself off the leash and using his full spellcasting might.

• In many ways yes. Enchanting armor and jewelry with fortify 1 handed will help tremendously, as will consuming fortify 1 handed potions. With one or the other, or both, you can easily do comparable damage to a character invested in one handed perks. As far as armor goes there aren't really any substitutes. Generally speaking however, a full set of heavy armor offers decent protection even without perks. If your character is any good at evading damage armor rating won't matter as much. 

• Awesome, thanks! Also, I really enjoy your builds. 

• How exactly do you post builds here? Sorry I'm new to this site.

• Head to the Home Page of the Skyrim Character Build group and click the 'Join Us' Icon. That enables you to post new topics to the group. After that hit the quest marker icon on that same page. It will take you to a seperate page where you can post your build. 

• I'm back from a long hiatus and looking to get back into the swing of Skyrim. Can anyone recommend a good assassin build to get me started?

• Got a few suggestions you may like

Arcane Assassin - Played this one myself. Quite a versatile build

Wolf Spider- Build I made myself. Slow death by paralysis and swarms of venomous spiders. 

Mirage - Impossibly fast vampiric assassin. Strikes like a whirlwind and vanishes in the blink of an eye

Character Build: The Arcane Assassin
      The third in my set of Arcane builds originated from the idea of having a stealthy mage build, able to pull off instant kill assassinations while sti…
  • Hello everyone i post a little note here because i need help for my build " a light of hope in the darkness" i will quit the cintest but i want to keep this build alive i'm sure it got the potentila to make an interessting healer but saddly for now it doesn't work as well i expected. Thanks for you help and maybe she will shine a little bit

• Care to tell us what about the build didnt work? Perhaps we can help you.

This reply was deleted.