The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well for start alone she is very weak having only an offensive staff and a familiar to protect herself. The mechanic of the andromeda ritual stone didn't work as is expected ( 3 wolves sprits appeared against one mudcrab but when i faced a troll i only add the spirit of the same mudcrab to defend myself). Finally i thought started at the temple of Mara to begin the book of love quest soon as possible but that let me alone without good follower (i didn't have enought gold to recruit Mercutio and at this state going throught a dwemer ruin for Mjoll was a  suicide mission)

• I understand by this that you want to build a Mara ghost-caller-like-healer... It sounds great for me. If you are open to use more mods I have a draft build in mind

(Vokrii + Apocalypse) restoration, illusion and restoration. Pale shadow/evil twin spells for the tougher fights, avenging wraith as a flesh shield, and seidstone to have extra ghosts. Spirit of war perk to double the number of ghosts conjured with the ritual stone... 

I have not tested this but it seems good

• Sounds great Olegbikkja i totally forgot the power of illusion to have ghost allies ,avening wraith is also great. I didn't try vokrii yet but i trust your choice and i will test that soon

• I'm back from a long hiatus and looking to get back into the swing of Skyrim. Can anyone recommend a good assassin build to get me started?

• Hey glad to have you back. You should definitely check The Mirage by Raid (a swift assassin that can dispatch foes very quickly).

I also like The Infiltrator by Curse- "A master of stealth, sabotage and close quarter combat. The infiltrator is the go-to assassin when utmost discretion is required and failure is not an option. Few can keep up with the infiltrator, fewer still ever see him coming."

Finally, The Wolf Spider also by Curse makes clever use of Archery and spider scrolls. There are other great assassins builds out there make sure to check them here.

Character Build: The Mirage
      The Mirage was one of my first forays into really pushing the limits of Necromage, but for a primarily melee character. What followed was a dual wiel…
  • Most probably know that the Destruction perks augmented flames/frost/shock affect enchantment on weapons. But my question is do they affect staves too? Also, do intense flames/deep freeze/disintegrate affect staves?

• Hi there, not sure if people still check this thread, but does anyone have a guide for making the custom headers that appear in a lot of builds? Are those like html snippets where you can recycle the html and add whatever text you want, or is each one an image? Thanks.

• most of the time they are images done on powerpoints or other software like that

• CoolText is where some of us make headers

• I've a build concept inpsired by the Immortal King Barbarian Build from Diablo II. Heavy Armor, Two-Handed, Shouts, and using a Warhammer are a must. And just like the Diablo II Barbarian, he will shirk all forms of flashy sorcery save for certain shouts. However, that's where my concept stops and I have no idea where to go after that. I am running what I consider to be a heavily modded game, but for the sake of minimizing a wall of text, I'll only list what I feel is relevant.

Relevant Mods:
    - Ordinator
    - Andromeda
    - Wintersun
    - Imperious
    - Thunderchild
    - Summermyst
    - Immersive Armors
    - Immersive Weapons
    - Konahrik's Accoutrements

In regards to what I need help with:
    - Health & Stamina Distribution?
    - Investment in Smithing?
    - Investment in Enchanting if at all?
         - If Honed Metal is suggested, what Enchantments are recommended?
    - What Shouts would be appropriate?
    - Between The Old Ways and Shor, which would be more fitting?

This reply was deleted.