The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm working on a build but the thing is it uses Ritual stone but no other Raise undead spells or abilities (it uses summons) and Idk if it's still considered part of the Necromancer Category oh and also it's my first buid

• Hey buddy, welcome to the forge! First builds are always the hardest, so be sure to check out this link out for a guide to presenting a build.

As for whether you should include the Necromancer tag, short answer: Yes if it's an important part of the build, no if it's not. Long answer:

Even if necromancy isn't the main focus of the build, if the build depends on the Ritual stone to summon an army on demand, it does lean towards being a necromancer. Additionally, the overall theme or feel of the build also contributes to this. An affinity for dark magics, blatant disregard of the order of life and a fascination with death are some qualities that distinguish a necromancer

However, if the Ritual stone is a sparingly-used tool for specific situations, or if the character doesn't dabble in dark magics, calling a character a necromancer may not be suitable. 

Hope that helped! :^)

Guide to Character Building
      A character build is more than text on a screen. It has to inspire people to take what you've written - your idea, your concept - and do something wi…
  • Hello, I'm fairly new to the site. I'd like to know how to post or put my build here? Like I'm literally new here and I would really love to share my own character build here.. My thanks and apologies for being such an idiot lmao... 

• Oh forget it lol, just found the guide btw lmaooo... 

• I just made my first Character build. I wanted to ask if someone can and wants to look over it before I post it in the group

• Yo shadow join our discord, it will be easier to review your build there

• You could also post it at work in progress.

• I'm trying to figure out ways to make my phoenix build better. It's a purely mage type that knows restoration spells as well, and I thought it fitting to make him a redguard. Any ideas

• Hi everyone!

I once read some article about interesting character builds and one of them really sounded interesting: the inept/incompetent mage. So basically a magic user that has to rely on scrolls ant staves instead of spells.

So far, my ideas for the build are the following:

• Orsimer, outcast from his stronghold
    • born weak and sickly, basically abandoned by the parents but taken an interest to by the wise woman/his grandmother
    • To weak for heavy armour or weapons, prefers light armour (fur, my favourite) and dagger/bow (mainly hunting)
    • great interest in nature (herbalism, alchemy), hung around the stronghold's shaman(s) as a kid/juvenile
    • some smithing (for improving armour) ... but no elven (because orc)
    • some enchanting, but no soul trapping
    • follows orc code (no stealing, no murdering, hence no dark brotherhood or thieves guild, no stealing ingredients is double difficult with the unofficial patch)
    • obviously no additional spells, no points in mana, very rarely using healing
    • animal followers (mod)

I've started a play through with a character like this, but especially the beginning is rough (no staves/scrolls available). Mainly dagger with poison or unarmed (animals). Basically I don't want to play a stealth archer (as tempting as it is), but without the bow, hunting deer or anything needing a ranged attack is impossible. :(

Anyways, hoping to get some feedback or ideas, maybe someone already did a similar character build?

Cheers,

Mike 

This reply was deleted.