Contest Build: The Ashpit Dragon

Ashpit Dragon

From the ashes of Helgen came forth a dragon.

4108855161?profile=RESIZE_710x(Watch the skies, traveler)

Story:

Destined for the block, yet burned to ash. But not ready for the Ashpit. Give chase to the one that did this to you, Malacath demands it. The Hunt Is On. And for hunting you need Hircine. Gain his favour and continue your pursuit. Find how did it and let no one stop you. You are a dragon, not one of bone and fire but of ash. All those that stand against you will be made to Ash. Command the ashes to slay your foes, so that you may return to the ashes from whence you came.

Race:

You are an Orsimer. For the Orcs go to the Ashpit. And this one returned from the Ashpit being not yet ready. Male or female is personal preference.

Stat distribution:

A 2:1:1 ratio till Stamina reaches 200, from then on out 1:1 on Magicka and Health. This will allow for the casting of the high cost spells, especially in combination with Elsweyr Fondue. High stamina is unnecessary when using Vegetable Soup and Volendrung.

Shouts, Spells, Powers and Active Effects:

Shouts

• Dragon Aspect
  • Fire Breath

Spells

• Ash Rune
  • Ash Shell
  • Conjure Ash Guardian
  • Conjure Ash Spawn
  • Flames             ->         Firebolt           ->         Ignite
  • Healing            ->         Fast Healing
  • Oakflesh           ->         Stoneflesh       ->         Ironflesh         ->         Ebonyflesh

Power

• Berserker Rage

Active Effects

• Dragonborn Flame
  • Dragon Infusion  
  • Mage Stone                 ->         Lord Stone     
  • The Fire Within                     
  • Blessing of Talos                     Mechanically useful for the shouts.

Optionals

• Agent of Mara                                                  Recommended for higher difficulties.
  • All-Maker Stones                                             You are already there, you might as well it.
  • Ancient Knowledge                                        Recommended for higher difficulties.
  • Black Book powers and active effects          You are already there, you might as well it.
  • Cyclone                                                             Turning into an Ash Storm.
  • Whirlwind Cloak                                            Turning into an Ash Storm.

Equipment:

4108876982?profile=RESIZE_710x(Hanging out with AG and Miraak)

• Novice Hood              ->         Orcish Helm (can be skipped)           ->        Ahzidal (mask)
  • Starting Armor           ->         Savior's Hide
  • Starting Gloves           ->         Ironhand Gauntlets
  • Starting Boots             ->         Ahzidal's Boots of Waterwalking or Orcish Boots
  • Iron Warhammer       ->         Orcish Warhammer (can be skipped)           ->             Volendrung
  • Amulet of Talos                                  Mechanically useful for the shouts.
  • Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana                    For Ignite.

Consumables:

• Elsweyr Fondue                                
  • Heart Stone                            Needed for Conjure Ash Guardian
  • Vegetable Soup                      Will make it possible to do perpetual power attacks until you can get Volendrung.

Skills:

Major:

Alteration

• Novice Alteration, Apprentice Alteration, Magic Resistance 3/3, Adept Alteration, Expert Alteration, Stability.

Conjuration

• Novice Conjuration, Apprentice Conjuration, Adept Conjuration, Expert Conjuration.

(Conjure Ash Guardian and Conjure Ash Spawn are not affected by the perks Necromancy, Atromancy, Dark Souls and Elemental Potency.And are thus not needed for this build.)

Destruction

• Novice Destruction, Augmented Flames 2/2, Apprentice Destruction.

Two-handed

• Barbarian 5/5, Champion’s Stance, Devastating Blow, Skull Crusher 3/3.

Minor:

Heavy Armor

• Juggernaut 3/5.

Light Armor

• Agile Defender 3/5.  

Restoration

• Novice Restoration, Recovery 2/2, Regeneration, Respite.

Smithing

• Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith.

With the combination of Ebony Flesh, Dragon Aspect, Berserker Rage and the improved equipment the Light and Heavy Armor perks don’t have a high priority. It is how ever a recommendation to get the perks against surprise attacks and higher difficulties.

Optional:

Illusion

• Novice Illusion, Hypnotic Gaze, Aspect of Terror

(Aspect of Terror gives fire a 10 to 15 point increase in damage.Only needed if you want to maximize the damage.)

Heavy Armor

• Juggernaut rank 4 and 5.

Light Armor

• Agile Defender 4 and 5.  

Restoration

• Avoid Death.

Gameplay:

Playstyle

When entering combat conjure an Ash Spawn or Ash Guardian depending on the difficulty of the fight. As well as a activating the Flesh spell. Fire Breath what every is in range that give you time to Ash Shell the strongest enemy in the room and switch to your hammer for melee combat or Ignite for ranged combat. For melee combat both Volendrung and Vegetable Soup allow for perpetual power attacks. Elsweyr Fondue will be useful during longer periods of ranged combat. When a technical displacement is required use Ash Rune to stop pursuers. Use Dragon Aspect and Berserker Rage where necessary, against enemies like Alduin and Miraak or whet it is fun.

Quests:

The Main Questline interrupted by the following quests:

• Ill Met By Moonlight                                      For Savior's Hide
  • The Cursed Tribe                                           For Volendrung
  • Unearthed                                                     For both Ahzidal (mask) and the Ahzidal boots
  • The Final Descent                                          For the last word of Dragon Aspect.
  • From the Ashes                                             For Conjure Ash Guardian
  • Telvanni Research                                         For Conjure Ash Spawn
  • Dragon Research                                           For Dragon Infusion

The Companions Questline till at least Fire Breath has been acquired. That can be done during Proving Honor.

And the entirety of the Dragonborn Questline after getting all three words of Fire Breath.

Resuming the Main Questline with either Elder Knowledge or Season Unending. Having fully prepared to fight Alduin or after having dealt with all other problems that prevent you from capturing a dragon.

4108919403?profile=RESIZE_710x(At long last)

Embers still kindle (Optional quests)

• Cleansing the Stones
  • The Black Books quests
  • The Book of Love                 
  • Unfathomable Depths

Threats to Orcs in Skyrim, like the Vampires and the Civil War. End both. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great screenshots. 

• Thanks.

• Sounds like you've got a solid idea here and you've injected some nice lore flavour into it as well! As Alchemist already mentioned you've got some good screenshots here too, that last one is my favourite. Would be cool to see some action shots in there too.

I think the biggest place for improvement here is on your presentation. Like I said earlier you've got a cool idea here but the list style presentation makes it come off as a bit dry. Nothing wrong with having some lists but I think it would be good to see something that flows a bit more nicely and perhaps includes some explainations of various gameplay synergies you have set up or links back to your established lore.

• I will take this into account for future builds. Thank you for your feedback.

• I agree with Alchemist that you have some awesome screenshots.  I also really love the connection to both Malacath and Hircine.  One idea is you might include a perk spread instead listing everything out.

• Duly noted. Thank you too for your feedback.

• Interesting concept and I do like that you are very clear with listing kills and powers. Like Ponty, however, I think the formatting of that information needs work. I like the use of ash magic to reinforce the ash pit origins of this Orc. Was trying to find something in the lore about Malacath and Hircine, but Malacath is aligned with Mephala and lore articles don't list Hircine as an enemy, so my Lore brain didn't twinge. Good screenshots, but I'd center them, rather than align them left. 

• Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

This reply was deleted.