Contest Build: The Unleashed

__

After hours of playing Skyrim it occurs to me that I've played plenty of vampires but have never played a werewolf before. So I was delighted to jump into this contest and finally give these puppies a try. I assume most people are going to make vampires so this is how I'll stand out!  The Unleashed is your typical conman and thief who made the mistake of robbing a Daedric Prince of their artifact. Now he's cursed with transformations that happen at random and there's no telling when or where they'll come. So go about your thieving and your sneaking, but when the blood calls there's no refusing. And so ladies, gentlemen, blood suckers, and fleabags, I present to you ...

THE UNLEASHED

Related image

"The ring. It all started with that damned ring...Could've left that prisoner well enough along but I just couldn't resist. Thought I swindled that sod out of his last posession, but guess it was me who got swindled. Now there's something stirrin' in me and I cant control it....

Wait....no!

I can...feel...the change....coming!

NO! Not this time! Not now!

NOO!

The Unleashed for all intents and purposes and just your run of the mill thief. But what sends this thief apart from others is the curse he must suffer for crossing Hircine. At random times you'll transform into a werewolf. You wont know when, you wont know where. All you know is it'll happen at the worst possible times like the middle of a delicate heist or in the middle of a city. Always ask yourself "What if it happens here?"

Race: Nord

• Battlecry represents the beast stirring within

Stone: The Tower

• A stone valued by every thief. Sometimes you need a lock open and you need it open now. Time is critical when transformations can happen at any time. 

Stats Allocation: 0/3/1 Magicka/Health/Stamina 

• I put most points into health because werewolves can be kinda squishy at high levels. 

Gear: Theives Guild Set, Cursed Ring

Major skills: Sneak, Archery, One Handed, Pickpocket

Minor skills: Lockpicking, Speechcraft

SKILLS & PERKSRelated image

https://skyrimcalculator.com/build/493082/unleashed/perks

Sneak: Any thief worth anything can sneak. Take the right side of the tree up to Deadly Aim. Take the left side up to Silence.

One Handed: A thief is always armed with his trusty dagger in case things go ary. If you dont like daggers swords work too. 

Archery: Sometimes its best to address threats from afar. Take every perk but Bullseye. I feel like that perk can be a bit OP. You will spend alot of time in the wilds to avoid transforming in cities. With your bow you can hunt game to eat. 

Pickpocket: You need quick hands to make it as a thief. Take every perk up to Misdirection. In human form you're not very tough so stealing weapons will help your survival odds. 

Lockpicking: You dont really NEED pickpocket per se, but it fits well with the build. Fast locking picking is crucial because again you never know when you'll change. 

Speech: That silver tongue is what got you in this mess to begin with. Will help with lifting stolen goods at higher profit. Try not to eat the fence. 

Werewolf: Get to Savage Feeding as fast as you can, after that, get the Totem of Terror perk. Take pretty much whatever you want after that. 

GAMEPLAY

Image result for werewolf skyrim

Transformed just in the nick of time

Its imperative that you do not ever complete Ill Met by Moonlight once you have the Cursed Ring. Make your ventures into cities as brief as possible so your transformations happen in the wilds rather than in cities. In dungeons you'll want to remain stealthy. Without crafting skills this build never got to be too strong, which is fine because most of the hard hitting comes from werewolf form. If and when the beast emerges its time to cut loose and go on a rampage. You'll be happy when it happens when your back is to the wall. You'll hate it when the beast calls while you've got your hand wrist deep in pockets. 

Before his hubris got the better of him, the unleashed was already a terrible person. You could see this curse as just desserts. He will still continue on with his life of thievery thinking he can perhaps control the curse with enough help. Which is his motive for joining the various factions. 

Thieves Guild: "Every thief in skyrim worth a damn is part of the thieves guild."

The Companions: These transformations cant be controlled. I've heard rumors the Companions inner circle may be werewolves themselves."

College of Winterhold: "Heard about those mages up in the college. Maybe they have an answer"

The Dark Brotherhood: "If the beast cant be controlled, maybe it can be sated. Just point me in the direction of prey and let me loose" 

___

And there you have it ladies and gents, I hope you enjoyed this build. Be nice in the comments since its my first build. Wish me luck in the contest.

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey guys it’s finished!!

• Hey mate, you’ve done a great job here. Keeping it simple yet unique, I don’t think I’ve seen a cursed thief like this before at all. 

• This is a really neat concept! Well done, and good luck on this contest!

• Thank you guys! I thought this build would flop but I’m so thrilled to see all this support!

• Simple and unique roleplay. I like it!

• The presentation might not be as flashy as some of the other entrants but your build more than makes up for it with a unique, interesting concept and straight to the point writing style. I'd be interested to hear how the curse affected some of your heists!

A lot of folks these days seem to be going for the build where the character goes through multiple stages, and I think it's certainly something that could work here if you were looking to expand your build. Perhaps down the track the thief decides to embrace their curse, incorporating it more into your gameplay and making your werewolf form more powerful with some of those Frostmoon Crag rings on Solstheim.

Either way I think what you already have here is pretty special so best of luck with the contest!

• I wanted to keep the write up lifht but oh damn did I have some misadventures. I transformed right before stealing the keys off the owner of Golden Glow. So I went on a rampage and mauled him and  all the mercs to death.

• Hey mate, you’ve already hit Rank:Apprentice - halfway to Adept! :D

• Wow! This is your first build?! It looks great! You'd done a fantastic job and presented a new Gameplay Dynamic, something I hadn't thought of before. It's amazing! Great job! I can't wait to see your next build.

Edit: It only posted half my comment the first time.

• Hey man this a very neat concept behind your build. Truly makes it quite unique, can't say I've seen a chractr quite like your "Unleashed" before. (At least in terms of RP and the Cursed ring). I imagine it certainly makes things exciting when you are robbing someone. Great idea to use the Tower stone too btw, it's a rather under used standing stone.
    bst of luck for the conest mate

This reply was deleted.