Event Build: The Knight of the Solar Sigil

Hello everypony, and welcome to my collaboration with the awesome CouchWarrior, inspired by his awesome  faction profile. Read all about it HERE! Now years later, I have come to revise it for our “Lore of the Ancients” Event! With that out of the way, let’s go down with...

10946640867?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Rage Awakened

10946641275?profile=RESIZE_710xWhen Hornan Jamfire vanished, it was believed by the Solar Sigil that his fearsome blade was lost forever. But, on one hunt for the blade, it was discovered, in the crumbling remains of an old fort. The one who had uncovered the blade, was me, and I was but a young initiate at the time. A shade of Lord-Commander Jamfire appeared, christening me the Hellblade, for I was to be Hellfire’s bearer, and his successor. He then bid me to Skyrim, where sinister conjurers dwelt, and where I may dispense flaming justice. On my travels, I ended up trying to behead a thief who stole my horse, which led me to being caught in an ambush, and Hellfire taken.

Now my goal is clear. First, reclaim the sacred blade, and second, revenge on the Legion, so says Khargaz the Hellblade!

Race: Orc Vampire. Not only do the Orsimer get the absolutely savage Berserker Rage daily power, boosting their attack power tremendously, but bonuses to One-Handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing, and Enchanting. Vampirism will primarily be used to replicate the drawbacks of The Consumption, IE the Weakness to Fire. It can easily be picked up at Broken Fang Cave or Shriekwind Basin. 

Standing Stone: The Warrior to start off with, then switch out to The Advanced Apprentice once you feel your skills have leveled to a satisfactory amount.

Stat Spread: 3/2/3 in Magicka, Health, and Stamina. We’ll need a good amount of Magicka and Health for casting higher tier spells and for Equilibrium.

Primary Skills: Alchemy, Two-Handed, Destruction, Block

Secondary Skills: Speech, Lockpicking, Enchanting

Shrine Blessing: Talos

Playstyle: Arcane Barbarian/Battlemage

Gameplay

10946642266?profile=RESIZE_710x

Khargaz exploring an ancient ruin for whispers of Hellfire.

Combat as the Solar Sigil is relatively simple yet effective. Flame spells will be your main method of ranged combat, particularly against undead, boosted with found, bought, or brewed Fortify Destruction potions. Following on from that, with either a Fire Cloak or Mara’s Wrath popped on, charge in with your greatsword and go in swinging. Sweep is very effective when surrounded by enemies, and given the relatively swift swing speed of greatswords, you’ll be able to pop this off repeatedly. 

While not as effective against flame-aligned dov, fire spells work well against ice ones. Prior to grabbing Dragonrend, simply pelt ‘em with Firebolt, Fireballs, preferably dual cast, both to interrupt their breath attacks, and to eventually coax em to land, whereupon you’ll utilize blocking with your greatsword and your heavy armor to tank the bites and slams of the wyrms while hacking em down with your poisoned blade. 

For spellcasters, pop on a fire cloak and go after them first, particularly shock and fire mages, shock as those asshats can constantly drain your magicka, and fire cause frankly vampires and fire don’t mix, which is good when you’re fighting undead, but not good when you’re the one getting inflamed. Their lack of any real armor, save for a few cases of armored spellswords or battlemages, means your greatsword will cleave through ‘em like a hot knife through butter.

The Consumption

“To walk the path of the Solar Sigil is to walk with death”-Battlemaster Daniel Gautier, “When old Hornan claimed Hellfire, what he did not know was that the spirit within the blade feasted on the lifespan of its wielder and those around ‘em.”

10946643056?profile=RESIZE_180x180

One aspect I had fun playing out of the faction’s idea is The Consumption. As the Knights grow in power, their secret curse, especially by the Hellblade, is that they become slowly consumed by flame, akin to Warhammer 40K’s Legion of the Damned, becoming weaker to fire, albeit stronger because of it. This will be replicated by a mixture of Vampirism, and a Fortify Restoration boosted Apprentice Stone. Combined with Ahzidal, you will have strengthened fire magic, but be also quite a glass cannon. Combined with this, the use of Equilibrium, sacrificing health for magical energy furthers this aspect, while also making sure you have to manage when you sacrifice your precious hit points for a little extra Magicka. 

Skills

Level 52

Two-Handed-Your primary method of damage dealing, in this case, the fastest, sans Longhammer, weapon type, the elegant greatsword.

Block-Even if we’re decked out in Heavy Armor, Blocking will primarily be your form of defense, using your skill at movement over brute forcing…most of the time.

Enchanting-Helps keep you buffed, alongside Alchemy, especially on higher difficulties.

Speech-Brutal though they may be, the Knight of the Solar Sigil are capable in the art of speechcraft, Plus it helps with training up Destruction via the Merchant perk.

Destruction-Fuego! Pyrofuego! Burn! Make Harry Dresden and Vulkan proud and use cleansing flame to purge conjurers and undead from the face of Nirn, our primary method of ranged combat.

Lockpicking-As an adventurer and wandering knight, the Hellblade is used to a bit of breaking and entering, whether to gain wealth to fund their pursuits, or to strike down a sheltered target.

Alchemy-While not my favorite Crafting skill, this will help primarily in terms of Restore Health and Stamina potions due to Vampirism meaning we gradually regenerate health and stamina more slowly till we don’t regenerate at all.

Poultices and Poisons

Hellfire-A phial of concreted flame straight from the Deadlands, this incendiary concoction weakens the target to flame and poison. (Poison of Weakness to Fire & Weakness to Poison - Abecean Longfin / Deathbell / Giant Lichen - Bleeding Crown - Juniper Berries.)

Rejuvenating Flames-A warm potion that invigorates the bones and one’s fortitude. (Fortify Stamina+Fortify Health+Restore Health Chaurus Egg+Void Essence+Wheat/Blue Mountain Flower).

Equipment

10946705493?profile=RESIZE_710x

Visage of the Hellblade-Ebony Plate/Ebony Helm w/ Fortify Destruction.

Solar Scaleplate-Dawnguard Heavy Armor  w/ Fortify Healing Rate.

Hands of the Flamebearer-Ebony Plate Gauntlets w/ Fortify Two-Handed.

Heart of The Blaze-Gold Ruby Necklace w/ Fortify Destruction.

Solar Sigil Signet-Silver Ruby Ring w/ Fortify Alchemy.

Sunstriders-Ebony Plate Boots w/ Fortify Stamina Regen.

Hellfire-Glass Greatsword enchanted with Fiery Soul Trap*

*An early draft of this build had me perk Extra Effect, but the only thing I can recall is that Hellfire had Fiery Soul Trap and Absorb Health.

Main Quests:

Main Quest and Dragonborn-Akatosh, one of the patrons of the Solar Sigil, though they are not a paladinic order, has tasked the Hellblade with ending the threats brought by his Firstborn and by the failed First Dragonborn.

Dawnguard-Bring cleansing fire to the Volkihar Clan by joining this similarly sun themed group of vampire hunters. 

College of Winterhold-Seeking information on the whereabouts of Hellfire, the Hellblade winds up dealing with all sorts of rogue magics.

Destroy the Dark Brotherhood-This foul death cult sickens the Knights of the Solar Sigil, slaughter them all, and burn their Sanctuary to ash.

Civil War-The Civil War has divided many, even amongst the Knights of the Solar Sigils. I personally went with the Stormcloaks..

Repentance-On the way to carve out the heart of the Reachman outlaw known as Crowstooth, the Hellblade must aid a young Imperial wizard in going Goblin Slayer on their conjuring carcasses.

Special Moves

10946639456?profile=RESIZE_400x Infernal Charge-Imbuing himself with dragonfire, the Knight of the Solar Sigil wreaths himself in flames before charging his foes.

(Dragon Aspect+Fortify Destruction Potion+Flame Cloak+Great Critical Charge).

s8svcnktmy161.png?auto=webp&s=f5b023a40b01446ebc248b4c8f1c6b0bae59e367Through the Fire and Flames-Channeling his Dragonblood and the infernal powers of the cursed blade Hellfire, the Knight of the Solar Sigil becomes a walking inferno. 

(Fortify Destruction Potion+Flame Cloak+Become Ethereal+Scroll of Fire Storm/Fire Storm).

Roleplay

• Never run from a fight, however tactically retreating to the higher ground or the like to blast fire is A-OK.
  • Despite being a brutal knight, always give coins to children and beggars, you may be rough, but you are not heartless.
  • Never feed on the blood of the innocent, only on the lost and the damned.
  • Never draw your blade on a non-combatant without due cause.

10946639485?profile=RESIZE_710x

Final Thoughts

Whew this has been a long time in the making, thanks once again to CouchWarrior for helping me come up with this build, JazzyJazz over on the Skypothesis Discord for the equipment screenshot, and as always, you my dear readers for taking the time out of your day to check out the build. Apoligies for any weird formatting, transferring from Google Docs is always a pain. Until next build!

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Man this blows my submission out of the water. Great build man.

• Thanks dude

• I'm actually trying this build right now, lol

• I'm doing it rn and it's absolutely amazing. Excellent job on this build

• Glad to hear

• Glad to hear

This reply was deleted.