Contest Build: The Subjugator (Modded)

Introduction

Hey guys, Nether here. Welcome to the first ever build I've posted. After a year of watching other members present some of their best work, I've finallly forced myself to join (and I don't regret it). What started out as a rough idea of a dark and brutal knight, became more refined as I  continued to tinker around with ideas. I have to give a special thanks to The Long-Chapper for the great advice on how to make my ideas more presentable to my audience. Now, let us learn about the dark and menacing, brutal and unforgiving knight known as "The Subjugator": 

Life's Throat (A Quick Story)

"Please!" The boy begged as he screamed in agony. "Mercy, mercy!" But his pleas fell on the deaf ears of his father. "Mercy? Why you pathetic little maggot! Have I taught you nothing of our lord's teachings? There will be no mercy, stupid boy! Now scream so he can hear you! Louder! Louder! Loud-"

Mordreich roared in rage as he felt the hand of another on his shoulder. He grabbed the intruder by the throat and pinned him to the floor. Mordreich was ready to squeeze the life out of the fool who dared attack him while he slept, but then realized it was merely the son of the innkeeper. A young lad, too young to be a man, but too old to be a child. "Please, Milord. I can't breathe." The boy begged while gasping for air. "You're talking, so you must be breathing." Mordreich responds. He wasn't in the mood to kill, but he was deeply annoyed with the idiotic teenager.

He released the young Nord, but not out of mercy. There was none that Mordreich could give to the boy. He was simply not a threat. Nothing more, nothing less. " Why did you wake me, young man?" Mordreich inquired, still annoyed. "Forgive me, Milord. It's just that you have been causing restlessness for the other patrons, with the moaning and yelling. This has been going on for the past three nights. My father was growing concerned for your safety, so he sent me to check on you." The boy responded fearfully, realizing this man could have easily taken his life in a matter of moments. "Your father is a fool being worried for someone he doesn't know.""How dare y-"The boy snapped at Mordreich, but he could not finish his thought. 

8033182873?profile=RESIZE_400x

Picture Link

The muscular Reachman glared at the boy, eyes colder than a winter storm. The Nord teenager quickly turned his gaze from the stranger, hoping Mordreich wouldn't change his mind about killing him. While still glaring at the boy, Mordreich decided to teach a lesson he learned when he was a child. "Listen here, pathetic boy. Life is cruel, so you either grasp it by the throat, or it will step on yours. Do you understand me?" The Reachman asked with deadly seriousness. The young man turned his gaze back to Mordreich, and nodded "Good. Now it's time for me to leave." And so Mordreich departed that same night, for he heard about strange happenings in Skyrim during his stay in Bruma. Mordreich will continue his search for his father's 'Lord' until he finds him. He knows that Molag Bal is waiting...

Roleplay:

Now, instead of going through incredibly over-detailed roleplay aspects with you, I'm going to give you a set of guidelines to follow in order to understand how to interact with the world as Mordreich, The Subjugator.

Rule 1: Never help anyone who you consider "too weak" to help themselves. That means no charity to beggars, no adoptions, nothing of that sort.

Rule 2: Only accept jobs and quests when you think there might be something to gain (i.e. gold, power, equipment, etc.).

Rule 3: Do not take shrine blessings. To worship is to submit to the will of the gods, and you submit to no one.

Rule 4: Don't use followers, they talk back too much. The only allies you need are your summoned minions.

Rule 5: Pick the rudest dialogue options as much as possible. You know you're not a good person, so screw what other people think. 

Important: I have only tested this build on a PS4, as it is the only platform I use to play games (such as Skyrim). I also made this character on a PS4 to show some love to its players who want to use mods for a unique playthrough, but aren't able to use mods like Imperious, Andromeda, etc. If this build seems like something that is already able to be done with the mods mentioned above, then go ahead and use those mods if you want. This is not a rant, just something you should know going forward. With that out of the way, let's get into the build:

Gameplay

The Character:

Name: Mordreich

Race: Breton-While still keeping the vanilla powers and passives (Dragonskin/+25% Magic resistance), Bretons now have a heavy focus on new Conjuration-based abilities that are important such as:

Oblivion Disposition- Conjuration spells cost 50% less Magicka and can last up to 5 minutes (1/day)

Oblivion Dominion- Reanimate all dead near you to follow and fight for you for 600 seconds (1/day)

Oblivion Comprehension- Bretons learn Conjuration 50% faster (Passive) 

Birthsign: The Atronach (+150 Magicka, +30% spell absorption, -90% Magicka regeneration)

Attribute 1: Endurance (Bonuses to Health and Stamina for every 5 levels)

Attribute 2: Willpower (Bonuses to Magicka regeneration and Stamina for every 5 levels)

Class: Knight (+50 Health, +25% Melee Damage, +50% Health regeneration)

Standing Stone: Ritual- Conjuration spells last twice as long and you take 25% less damage when you control a conjured creature. If you do not have a conjured creature, all incoming damage is increased by 25%

Stats: 2:1:1 - We need to squeeze out as much Magicka as possible in order to cast multiple spells throughout combat. Health and Stamina are already buffed significantly due to our class and attributes

Major Skills and Perks:

-Conjuration: The Subjugator has an innate ability to command the souls of the slain to fight by his side, whether they approve or not...8029273653?profile=RESIZE_400x

Picture Link

Novice-Master Summoner

Dark Devotee 

Armor of Shadows

Daedric Pact

Oblivion Crisis 2/2

-Illusion: Mordreich uses his arcane knowledge of Illusion to inspire fear and despair into the hearts of his enemies.8033178689?profile=RESIZE_584x

Picture Link

Novice-Master Illusionist

Howl of Rage

Aspect of Terror

Silent Casting

Indomitable Will 2/2

Strange Minds

-Heavy Armor: Mordreich sees himself as a true warrior, not a coward who hides in the shadows. With this in mind, Mordreich sees it necessary to wear the sturdiest of armors.8033176062?profile=RESIZE_400x Picture Link

Juggernaut 5/5

Conditioning 2/2

Determination

Constitution

Immovable

Well Fitted

Discipline

Minor Skills and Perks:

-One-Handed: While not being a master, Mordreich is still quite proficient in his use of maces.

Skirmisher 1/5

Bone Breaker 2/2

Bell Ringer

Fighting Stance 

Savage Strike

-Smithing: Any warrior worth their weight needs to know how to temper their equipment. The Subjugator is no exception.

Novice Blacksmith

Basic-Advanced Styles

-Speech: Mordreich doesn't have a silver tongue, but he still knows how to get his way with others. 

Merchant 3/5 

Persuasion

-Enchanting: The Subjugator knows that souls have more uses than just being mindless minions and will use this to his advantage.

Artificer 1/5

Sorcerer

Preservation

Equipment:

-Hevnoraak (+30% One-Handed & Two-Handed damage, regenerate an extra 1% of your maximum Health per second, +50 Health)

-Necromancer's Amulet (+100 Magicka, 35% Fortify Conjuration, +100 Armor Rating, -100 Health, +100% Health regeneration, +20% spell absorption)

-Ring of Agony (Silver Amethyst Ring w/ Forify Illusion)

-The Tenebris Imperio (Ebony Armor w/ Dark Aura enchantment from "Master Necromancer Robes" mod. This enchantment acts like a cloak spell which inflicts an effect similar to a fear spell upon all living enemies and creatures.)

-Gauntlets of Coldharbour (Ebony Gauntlets w/ Fortify Magicka)

-Greaves of Bone-Stomping (Ebony Boots w/ Fortify Stamina)

-Mace of Molag Bal (+25 Absorb Stamina and Magicka, Soultrap for 10 seconds, recharges enchantment after each kill)

Spells:

-Conjure Boneman

-Conjure Mistman

-Conjure Wrathman

-Conjurer's Cure 

-Rout

Combos:

Eternal Servitude: The Subjugator is deaf to the pleas of the fallen, for he determines when they have served their purpose to him.8033185886?profile=RESIZE_584x  

Picture Link

Oblivion Disposition(Greater Power) + Mother's Sorrow(Ritual Stone Effect) + Master Summoner(Perk) + Dark Devotee(Perk)

-This is my favorite combo because of how long it extends your summons. You see, Oblivion Disposition multiplies your conjuration spell duration by 5, while the Ritual Stone doubles the duration of all conjuration spells and Dark Devotee grants an additional 50% duration bonus. Master Summoner affects summons only, but it stacks with the previous buffs. This leads to a maximum of 30 times the base duration for summons, and 15 times the base duration for other conjuration spells.

Unending Horror: Mordreich inspires fear into the hearts of many, weakening their will to fight and rendering them helpless.8033186267?profile=RESIZE_710x

Picture Link

Dark Aura(Enchantment) + Aspect of Terror(Perk)

-Another cool synergy I found while testing this build. The Aspect of Terror perk reduces enemy armor by 200 points while under the effect of a Fear spell. The Dark Aura enchantment acts just like a fear spell, but is active until combat ends. This means enemies nearby have a constant armor debuff until they die. This only works for living enemies and creatures. If you are facing undead, you need to cast a fear spell on them to get a similar effect.  

Nullification: Mordreich consumes the magical energy from the spells cast by his enemies, rendering them useless against him.8033264299?profile=RESIZE_400x

Picture Link

Dragonskin(Greater Power) + Atronach Birthsign + Necromancer's Amulet

-This combination is great against enemy mages and dragons since you will possess 100% spell absorption, but only when you activate the Dragonskin power. The rest of the time you will only have 50% spell absorption.

The Sundering: With each heavy swing of his mace, The Subjugator breaks down his opponent's defenses with brutal efficiency.

Picture Link
8032485699?profile=RESIZE_400x

Bone Breaker 2/2 (Perk) + Unending Horrors (Combo)

-This allows us to reduce a significant chunk of our enemies armor, therefore compensating for our overall low damage.

The Horde: As they fall, one by one...They shall rise, one by one. 

Picture Link
8032489480?profile=RESIZE_400x

Eternal Restlessness(Combo) + Summon x 3 + Dead enemies + Oblivion Dominion(Greater Power)

-I use this combination when there are at least 2 dead enemies nearby. It's perfect for when you feel like having a personal army of fallen souls. (Note: Oblivion Dominion does not stack with Eternal Servitude, but still lasts for 10 minutes, which is a solid amount of time. Also, corspes reanimated by Oblivion Dominion do not count towards the summon limit.)

Dark Vigor: They will never know defeat, for they don't have a choice.

Picture Link

8033185680?profile=RESIZE_584x

Eternal Servitude(Combo) + Summon + Conjurer's Cure(Spell)

-Since Mordreich is reliant on his minions to support him in battle, they need increased durability. Conjurer's Cure combined with Eternal Servitude allows our summons to restore 20 points of Health per second, for 150 seconds. This equates to 3,000 points of health restored. (6,000 if dual-cast)

Ok. Now that we have gone through all of the gameplay, let's talk about the mods used as the foundation for the build:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch:

This mod will allow the player to use spell absorption without interfering with summons

*Adamant-A Perk Overhaul:

The perks in Adamant are what allow us to perform the different synergies this build needs to be both unique and viable. (*Please note the PS4 version has not been updated in a while, so there will be some variation in perks and their effects)

*Mysticism-A Magic Overhaul:

A mod that overhauls the vanilla spells while also adding a plethora of new spells, all with a focus on balance. (*Also note Mysticism is required in order to use Adamant)

Amazing Race Tweaks-Breton(ART):

An overhaul that fleshes out the Breton race, providing new abilities that are essential to the character.

Mundus-A Standing Stone Overhaul:

A mod that simply rebalances the standing stones in Skyrim.

Destiny-Attributes, Birthsigns and Classes:

A mod that brings back the attributes, birthsigns and classes of previous Elder Scrolls games, granting statistical bonuses as you level up. (You can find these as spellbooks on the dead mage in Helgen. Also, pick up the book titled "Health Progression" so you are rewarded with bonus health every time you level up. This will be useful since you only gain one point of Magicka, Health or Stamina/Carrying Capacity per level up.)

Master Necromancer Robes:

Robes with a unique enchantment that can be disenchanted and applied to any chest piece in the game. More on this in the "Equipment" section. ( To access these robes, you must complete "The Wolf Queen Awakens" quest and take the robes from the Master Necromancer chest you find after defeating Potema.) 

Relics of Legend-Enhanced Artifacts:

A mod that will overhaul some of the unique items in the game (i.e. Dragon Priest masks, etc.) that the player will use to reach maximum effectiveness.

Recommended Mods (In This Order):

Smilodon- Combat of Skyrim

Athletik Combat

Better Combat AI

Rebalanced Encounter Zones and Leveled Actors

I use these four mods to make Skyrim's combat dangerous, but also fair. You can use whatever combat overhauls you have access to, but I find these suit my preferences quite well.

Conclusion:

Well, that wraps the build up. It has been an honor joining the Skyforge and meeting people who share the same love of Elder Scrolls. All I can say now is to go out and have fun crushing your enemies with the might of your army of souls. This is Netherman, logging off. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you are ever interested in processing and editing screen shots or art for your builds, these are two free websites that I have been using. 

Nexmuse.com

tuxpi.com

Nexmuse - Turn Your Photos Into Art
    Turn your photographs into art with the latest ai software. Your photos will have the brushstrokes and texture of a painting, drawing, or sketch..
  • Great to see this build, finally up Netherman. Look forward to seeing more from you as a build, you've made a fine start. 

• Thanks Chap. But please, call me Nether. Anyway, I love that this contest has brought out the best in all of us. Competition is really what drives us to keep pushing our limits.

• It's ironic, but the Skyforge contests actually seem to bring out the best in builders, from both a building standpoint and a cooperative standpoint. I've been in other competitions where that has not happened and I can attest to the great community here. Here's hoping I can stay in it, but I just got hired for a job, so who knows. 

• Even if I am not familiar with Adamant mod, I get the gist of the build. Will definitely try this as my introduction into Adamant

• Thank you for the kind words, nystee. Also, do you play on Ps4, Xbox or PC? I ask because there are different versions of Adamant due to the lack of updates on Ps4. If you have any questions, I am happy to help you to the best of my ability.

• I was not aware of that fact, I play on PC. Are you on the discord?

• No, I can't say I am. Why do you ask?

• I just figured that if I had some questions it would be easier to ask them on there, but no big deal

• Sorry, I'm not too familiar with discord. But as I said, I'm happy to help you to the best of my ability.

This reply was deleted.