The Welcome Thread

Come on in and don't be shy. Nobody here bites....at least I dont think they do anyway. Here is a space for new comers to introduce themselves and for the community to make our new comers feel welcome. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Doing pretty good, how about you?

Chris talked to me about moving my stuff over here. Is the formating much different from the Vault's?

• Much easier that the vaults. You could very easily have all of your past content copied and pasted here in mere minutes. 

• I had no idea this existed when I joined, but better late than never to do a "hi im new" post even though it would be a fallacy at this point to claim anonymity as a new member.

I digress

Hey everyone, I'm Fimvul, aka the Psijic Loremaster. I'm not too hip into building - I did some Oblivion builds back in the day on my youtube but got banned for copyright infringement - who knew they were so picky about playing music in the background? - and it kinda sucked my enthusiasm for em away. I've got some back from this site, but sadly have only managed to post one build thus far, and I have to admit, it's pretty bad - making build videos was so much easier than doing a write up. I digress again.

I'd like to consider myself a lore wh**e, but I'm still learning new things about the Elder Scrolls universe. Playing ESO might better me in that regard, but I find it boring playing solo and none of my friends play it, so I've yet to find a reason to get back into it. I've been dippin my toes in Mundus, Aetherius, Oblivion, and the Aurbis since late 2003, when my buddy got a copy of Morrowind and I instantly fell in love with it. I was enraptured by the story - I've always had an overactive imagination - and would find myself frequently daydreaming - or the traditional unconscious variety - about being fully immersed into the depths of the lore. However, it wasn't until Oblivion in 2006 that I really started pulling apart the finer details of the lore, but even then I hardly scratched the surface. The release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was what really set me off the deep end. I would find myself spending just as much time browsing the wiki, reddit, the forums, and just google itself - and eventually the Imperial Library when I discovered it - as i did actually playing the game, all in an attempt to learn more about it. And the more I learned, the more I realized how much of a downward spiral the games were going in. Morrowind was chock full of lore references and tidbits of information that Skyrim seems to barely even gloss over. For example, Lore Alduin? Easily dwarfs mountains, probably roughly equal in size to Numidium the Brass God, and with matching power. Skyrim Alduin? To say it pales in comparison would be an understatement. And the dialogue where Alduin calls himself the son of Akatosh when, in fact, lore says Alduin was created before Akatosh? Yeah, some fun stuf in the lore. I do a fair bit of posting in the lore group to jot down some things I've learned over the years. Mostly, at the moment, just various reports on equally numerous factions and such - like the Dawnguard or the Dwemer.

When I'm not pretending to work on a build or conjuring lore, I'm writing stories, so I frequent the Story Corner as well.

Would ya look at the time? While I took years rambling on about absolutely nothing, you've probably fallen asleep at how utterly articulate and boring this was. My apologies. It will happen again.

• Heyo I've been around for a whole but only really lurked on the past interactions of this site but I'm actually making an account this time so we'll see how this develops.

I think the main place I'll be contributing would most likely be the story corner or the roleplay group. Tbh all the ideas I had for Elder Scrolls stories is lost into the ether of my notes so might take a while to dig those out but some short stories for Fallout might pop up there real soon. 

Also will be an avid read of both character  building groups. Probably won't contribute an actual build tho Its never been my strongsuit 

So yeah excited to rediscover this community and see what's to come 

• Hello Kai it’s good to have you here. I think I speak for many when I say we’re always eager to read more stories. 

• Hello, everyone! I just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

I am an avid Skyrim fan, and a novice writer (maybe it's the other way around ha ha), and will be working on my first Skyrim build here shortly, including an in deep background and storyline that goes along with my game play. Hopefully, it turns out well!

• Hello! It’s a pleasure to have you here and I can’t wait to see what you post. 

• Thanks! Would I start my build in the WIP section? Its going to be kind of a working story line as I make another pass through Skyrim. Or should I make the build and then post when I'm done?

• Feel free to post what you have in the WIP section. 

• Hey everyone! I guess I'm new to the group in the sense that I've finally been able to make a profile on here, but I've been visiting the page since 2014 and have played multiple character builds like Mason's Obsidian Sentinel and Ponty's Paladin builds as well as many more. I play both vanilla on console and modded on PC so i do a little bit of everything. I hope to be sharing some of my builds and lore and have some awesome discussions with you all in the future :D

This reply was deleted.