Greetings Skyrim character builders—

OIP.uFK8sYd_GPdlzSqFVOP_pwHaEp?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

It’s time for another Skyforge building event. and for this event we are choosing tradition over innovation: we’re bringing back the Crossworlds concept for our CROSSWORLDS II event, beginning today and wrapping up when builds are “due” for submission on August 15th. Our first Crossworlds event was held in early 2019, attracted a big group of participants and generated a bunch of really cool builds. Let’s try to meet or beat that output this time around!

The idea behind Crossworlds is pretty simple and straightforward: Take your favorite characters from your favorite fictional universes from books, movies, TV shows, comics, manga or even other video games, and translate them into character builds in Skyrim.

The “rules,” such as they are, are equally simple:

• All fictional universes are on the table, EXCEPT for the TES universe.
  • Fictional italicized means fiction only
  • You can’t reference the character you are basing your build on, or their universe, until the very final wrap-up remarks of the build. This might seem like a silly requirement, but it really added to the fun with the original Crossworlds event. The builds had to be fully realized TES makeovers, they all needed to hang together as standalone entries into the TES universe. And this requirement let readers try to guess your inspiration while they were reading.
  • All other Skyforge Character Building Group rules apply (there aren’t many)
  • Have fun and get your builds completed by August 17th.

Registration

Simply leave a comment below that you would like to join; no additional information required.

Resources

Character Build Turnoffs - A member of the Skyforge community, SkoomaDealer, posted a discussion not long ago talking about what people do not like to see in character builds. Check this out if you are interested to see the dos and don’ts of Skyrim character building.

Character Build Turnons - Another post from SkoomaDealer that you might find helpful.

Ponty's Guide to Character Building - For people new to the concept of character building, or anyone who would like pointers, Ponty has offered an easy-to-follow guide on how to make a quality character build.

Ponty’s “Let’s Build” Series on The First One from DA:I – Another great resource from Ponty; a number of years ago he did a multi-video series on his process for conceiving the Dragon Age Inquisition “big bad” as a Skyrim character. Very relevant stuff!

Feel free to use any past builds on the Skyforge as references if you are new or just want to try a new style! Here is a link to the original Crossworlds event page, which contains links to all of the builds the community created two years ago.

Participants:

Chris Diokno-The Angamancer (Vin from Mistborn)

Obrutak-Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

Ramses-

Miraak-

Furrion-The Hex Weaver (The Witcher) and The Night Queen (Game of Thrones I think?)

Erinoth-

Lissete-

Avi-

Gorlack-

Nystee-

Runesmith-

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah i'm in.

• Ladies & gentelemen, you're about to witness a bruh moment.

Count me in.

• Anyone in particular, Ramses?

• No, I'll make sure to update you when I make it.

• Chris, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it.

I'll see if I can post soonon the site generally.

Again, really sorry.

• Go ahead and add me, I'm not sure if what I have in mind will be done before the events conclusion, but I may as well...

I take it we don't need to unveil who or what we're adapting?

• You don't have to if you don't wish to

• And the first build is up! Event Build: The Hex Weaver - Skyrim Character Building - THE SKY F...

Event Build: The Hex Weaver
    Foreword: This build has come about from my love for the Witcher games. For those who are unaware of what a Witcher is, they are alchemically enhance…
  • I'll jump into the ring for this one! I need to get back into building. I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'm tossing a few ideas around. I'll update you when I decide on something for sure.

• Will add you Erinoth.

This reply was deleted.