The Character Building Help Desk

The Character Building Help Desk

This discussion is to help people gather fresh ideas and information for new builds, as well as to answer queries about anything regarding the Character Building group.

Feel free to ask questions!

• Have a build concept that you'd like some feedback on? Post it right here and we'll discuss it. The Helpdesk is an ideal place to kick around ideas for your next build.
  • If you're after help with your build's role-play, seek out the Roleplay Group. The group is home to many role play enthusiasts who will happily help you. 
  • If you have some questions about game mechanics (such as how a certain glitch or exploit works, is this ability effected by that perk, etc.), then this thread is the perfect place to ask. 
  • If you need help with something artistic or presentation related simply ask for what you need here. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, so I made a female arcane assassin/thief build and I thought it would be a fun build. However, like with any build I came across an issue and basically... almost everything was one hitting me and I don't know if I leveled up too fast or what. Point is, I want to have a good time with this build but I can't until I can figure out how not to die by one hit. Any help?

• Hmm, I recommend either some way to paralyze enemies, or perhaps trying to stay on the move

• Hmmm, that I can relate to a lot. Perhaps it may be the difficulty? That and something I've learnt (the hard way) is to not rush head first into battle. Take your time, work out which ones are the biggest target and those that you can take out first.

• There’s a few things you can do. 

- A very viable tactic is to set your enemies against each other with Frenzy spells. They won’t have time to kill you if they’re too busy killing each other. 

- Employ decoys. Whether it’s a follower, a raised corpse or a Daedra there are many ways to divert enemy aggression. Shadow warrior works really well with this. It will force them to disengage you and select a new target, which will end up being your decoy.

- Become Ethereal and Slow Time are great shouts for damage mitigation. The former has a really fast cool down time especially with a blessing and Amulet of Talos. The latter counts as an alteration effect, so anything that enhances alteration spell duration will lengthen Slow time, allowing you to dance around the enemy’s attacks longer. 

- as Chris D suggested paralysis is a great way to render enemies incapable of harming you

• I have two favorite ways to play; Mage and thief/assassin. I am making a new breton character and i want to go either pure mage or pure thief/assassin. What do you guys suggest? 

• I like the idea of a mage assassin. It’s pretty much my favorite way to play the game. 

• Hey guys, how are you doing? So everyone knows that destruction tree is levels up very slowly right? Well, I believe I've discovered a secret in the game. Every mage character I've made has been a pain to level up mage skills as your leaving Helgen. However, this time I made a Breton and which starts with 15 destruction. I just finished up in the supply room where you search the barrel for potions and I have been blasting Ralof with flames and my destruction is already so close to 16. I've blasted Ralof/Harvar with other races before, but it still leveled up slowly. But I think the Breton has a secret abilityy that levels up mage skills faster than the other races. I cannot confirm this since it is a theory. However, the the Breton is the first race I have leveled up destruction so quickly with. I'd love to here your thoughts on this situation. 

• I dunno. I’ve played quite a few Bretons myself and haven’t noticed any bonuses to destruction exp gain.

• Honestly I don't know myself. I do know that Destruction levels with the damage output - so if you're on say Novice, it skyrockets, and Legendary, it's slow - hence how Runes give large amounts of XP for Destruction

This reply was deleted.