The Welcome Thread

Come on in and don't be shy. Nobody here bites....at least I dont think they do anyway. Here is a space for new comers to introduce themselves and for the community to make our new comers feel welcome. 

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello to all!

I guess you could say I'm one of the old guard, so to speak.  I was playing D&D and wargames back in the late 70s - early 80s until my first 2 sons and U.S. Navy began to take up more and more of my time. In the mid 80s I started playing The Bard's Tale on a Commodore 64. Again, more family growth and U.S. Navy put a hiatus on my gaming hobby. I retired from the Navy in 94 and real work and family commitments again took priority. Fast forward to now. I'm unable to work, have been on disability for past 6 years due to a blood cancer (multiple myelomma) and was big into flight simulator (P3D in particular). Advancing sims and hard core pc requirements halted my further achievements in that community as I can't afford a decent gaming pc. My youngest son is big into console gaming and the end result is I now am the proud owner of a PS4. My son recommended Skyrim SE based on my gaming background so I made the purchase and started researching on line before creating my first serious character. Big mistake!  I discovered the plethora of mods available for this wonderful game. Now, I'm wading through the thousands of mods trying to decide which would suit me so I can start my adventure.  

These are some of the mods I am considering:  USSEP (will definitely use this one),  Lampposts Of Skyrim:Special Edition, Surreal Lighting, Obsidian Weathers, Rich Merchants Of Skryim: Special Edtion, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul, Realistic Conversations, the BIG mod(s), H.A.S.T.E, and one of the quick start mods that skips all the canned intro.

Sorry for being a bit long winded. Any advice is openly welcome. In particular, I am looking for mods to enhance the environmnet, physical surroundings & playability. 

Next step after this will be character creation. I am looking through the archives and getting some very good ideas. Many thanks to all of the creators!

GW

• A warm welcome to you friend. 

• below is this ones life story

loading .... 1%

• this one is very happy to be here

you could say Sah is the ultimate role play, I was born 7 years ago and have been Sah ever since, as the years went bye this one started to become self aware and realized that she was more than just a computer charecter, so she took the next big step and started opening accounts and started looking for a home to share her adventures, currently home is called Bethesda Community's where she publishes all her stuff, has a small YouTube channel whith over 250 videos made playing Legendary Dead is Dead .... and now is making all of the Elder Scrolls into one masive movie with music ext .... has posted 4 videos so far in the Video Section called the Daughter of Coldharbour (Dawnguard DLC)

anyways thank you so much, its a great honour to be her 

Yours Sah

• ohhh and there are the other... uhhhmmmm Sah's

in a game far far away

Sah: Guys we got a new job from the Companions

Mage Sah: its about time, we're broke

[Thief Sah is sobbing in the corner]

Sah: uhmm whats up with her?

Archer Sah: she had a hot date with Brynjolf and he dumped her!

Theif Sah: I protest!!! ... Ohhh why me?

Pacifist Sah: here we go again!

Thief Sah: I haven't heard from him. I've called, left messages no response

Sah: there's probably a perfectly good explanation?

Thief Sah: you think so?

Assassin Sah: he could be seeing some one else?

Mage Sah: there you go that sounds like a perfectly good explanation

Assassin Sah: or he could be dead?

Thief Sah: I protest!!! why me?

Sah: he could be dead or even worse seeing some one else

Assassin Sah: that's what I said but the other way around

Sah: its not the same, being dead is much better than seeing someone else!

Thief Sah: thanks guys you make me feel so much better

• loading Life Story .... 3%

• Hey y'all, I'm a little late on this as I've already posted a few things and some of you already know me. 

I have been a player of Fallout and Elder Scrolls games for more than ten years now, somehow. I've been writing fanfiction for around that time as well, actually. 

The story I'm working on that's on this site, On the Rise, was actually originally published all the way back in 2011, a mere three weeks after Skyrim came out. Wasn't that good. That first incarnation died halfway through 2013, and it was a mess I had been making up as I went along. It actually makes me cringe a bit thinking about it. What you see now is actually the second reboot, as the first reboot didn't last too long. The whole story used to be in first person, believe it or not. I've mostly abandoned first-person as a whole when writing stories now. I'm much happier with how it's come out now, at least so far. So yeah, the story up now is technically 8 years old, and has gone through a good number of rewrites and reimaginings! 

Just for the record, I have a Bachelor's degree in English, so if anyone ever needs anything proofread or one needs help writing, I'm definitely a good option! 

• Welcome Kyojiro, were glad to have you. I'm sure I speak for many when I say we love your story On the Rise. 

• It's so amazing to see it appreciated! On sites like AO3 and Fanfiction pretty much no one pays it any mind. 

• Well theyre definitely missing out. 

This reply was deleted.