Character Building Event: Historia

Greetings and salutations my fellow Skyrimmers. Its time for a new CB Event, and after some pondering, I chose an idea given by Halkuan over on the Discord. His suggestion was "We should take real-world historical figures and recreate them in Skyrim. Especially those with some crazy legends around them." And as someone who is a fan of history, I was all in. Think of this like Crossworlds, but more tunnel visioned over in regard to historical figures. Welcome to:

12428937084?profile=RESIZE_584x

Vikings.jpg?q=50&fit=contain&w=1140&h=570&dpr=1.5

So, what is the main theme for this Event? Well, its simple my friends. You must recreate a historical, whether confirmed or not to have existed, so long as they exist somewhere in a historical record, IE Gilgamesh for an example, and remake them in Skyrim. However, worry not, for you needn't be restrained by solely real life history on how that person was, especially as, more often than not, how we view a person is often shaped by their reputation by historians, popular media about them, including documentaries, but also, legends. Take for example Charlemange, first Holy Roman Emperor, and of whom The Matter of France was built around, he and his 12 Paladins, akin to Arthur and his Knights, but French (unless you count Lancelot for Arthur, and Astolfo for Charlemange), or  Oda Nobunaga, the Sengoku Jidai era warlord whose image in media tends to be that of a, at times literal, demon who flips the bird at tradition, burns temples, and simps for European guns. So yes, feel free to take inspiration from other sources for the figure. There's been a few builds over the years that take real life people and pop them into Skyrim, such as Lee Fiskilis and my own Iron Tundrastrider based off Ned Kelly or Casey's Abberant Blade inspired by Miyamoto Musashi .

Rules

• The event will run from today, April 17th, 20204, to 11:59 PM July 7th 2024. Please sign up with a comment below
  • Your character must be based on one, or if you can finagle it together, more historical/possibly mythohistorical figures
  • You may, however, take influence from media about said figure, so long as its explicitly that figure and not an expy. Want say, a vampire hunting Abraham Lincoln? Go for it. Okita Souji as a sickly girl who can cut a person three times at once, sure! But yeah, make sure its the person and not just someone based off them in media. You can even keep who you're doing a secret
  • Feel free to team up, the more the merrier.
  • Have fun!

Participants

Halkuan-Grigori Rasputin

Mugician-Abraham Lincoln

You need to be a member of THE SKY FORGE to add comments!

Join THE SKY FORGE

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Put me down, I'm finally going to make my Rasputin build.

• Sign me up. I call dibs on that vampire hunter Abe Lincoln idea.

• I would like to participate.  Not quite sure who I'm gonna go for, but I'm kind of leaning towards Boudica.

• Ah classic. Maybe make her a Reachwoman?

• Boudica is now ready to fight the Imperials.

• I would really like to do a Boudica build  myself sadly there  is already one in tamrielvault

https://www.tamrielvault.com/groups/topic/view/group_id/3/topic_id/...

Tamriel Vault - Character Build: Historical Series - Boudica
      Elder Scrolls and Fallout community: character builds, lore, discussions and more. Skyrim is sprinkled liberally with bits and pieces of William Wal…
      • Hey, just cause one exists already doesn't mean you can't do one yourself. I say go for it 

• Do it. It's always cool to see how one person's interpretation of a character is different from another's. 

• That build is nearly 10 years old. I wouldn't let it hold you back!

• I'm hoping that I can actually participate this time, and RL will butt out. I'll like to base a character on Minerva/Athena, goddess of strategic warfare, poetry, and wisdom. Is a Greek/Roman goddess acceptable?

This reply was deleted.