The Golden Bat (Modded Vampire Assassin/Thief Hybrid)
Introduction: An infamous assassin or thief depending on who you’re asking. One of the most infamous figures in Tamriel’s rogue’s underworld due to her deadly skill to strike from shadow and breaking into the most secure areas to steal prized possessions. She is known as “The Golden Bat” due to her signature golden Ordinator mask she wears. Little people know that she is also a vampire who happens to be blessed with the cursed power of Molag Bal. Unlike most vampires in Tamriel, the Golden Bat has no interest in becoming a queen of the night, but rather as a feared assassin and thief who would use her vampiric powers to her advantage. Unsuspecting victims will find their blood completely drained before they wake up and paranoid merchants will find their prized merchandise disappeared with their secure containers not being lockpicked at all. The Golden Bat is as devious as she is deadly. She will not hesitate to slaughter her enemies with her dual wielding enchanted daggers or put an arrow between her enemies’ eyes.
Name: Sabirah al-Saran
Class: Assassin/Thief Hybrid
Standing Stones: Atronach (or Thief stone if using Andromeda Standing stones mod)
Sabirah al-Saran was born in in the city of Sentinel sometimes around 2E 582. She was the daughter of a wealthy family. However, her family was notoriously hated and despised by most of the people in Sentinel due to their shallow and materialistic nature. Rumors also circulates around the al-Saran family that they are the descendant of an ancient vampire. Sabirah was not fond of playing the “high society” role and would often like to sneak out of her mansion to play with the orphans and street urchins of Sentinel. She has made several friends among the orphans and was treated with kindness and respect due to her not like being her family. Often, Sabirah would participate in small thievery with the street urchins like stealing foods and small purses from unsuspecting nobles. One night, Sabirah and two of the orphans breaks into a noble’s house to steal his diamonds. Unfortunately, they were caught by the owner and the trio was forced to escape, but the noble already alerted the guards. Sabirah gave the diamond to one of the orphans and told them to escape while she distracts the guards. In doing so, Sabirah was taken to the Sentinel dungeon. The next morning, Sabirah’s father comes to dungeon, hoping that he can bail her out. Instead, her father berated her on how she disgraced her family and that she is no longer fit to be in their home since he views her hanging around the orphans has tarnished their family names. Her father decided to leave her in the dungeon, causing Sabirah to feel immensely betrayed.
As Sabirah cries over her father’s betrayal, an older redguard prisoner across her proceeded to strike a conversation with her. She introduces herself as Whitka, veteran thief in the Thieves Guild. She offers Sabirah to join the Thieves Guild since she overheard how she has a knack for pickpocketing and stealing. Feeling that she has nothing to lose, Sabirah accepts. Later that night, Whitka pulls out a hidden lockpick and manages to open her cell door. She pickpockets the sleeping guard’s key and opens Sabirah’s cell. The two quickly sneak out of the dungeon and escapes outside the walls of Sentinel where they stole two horses and proceeded to ride to Abah’s Landing.
When they arrive to Abah’s Landing, Whitka takes Sabirah to their hideout. She brings her to the guild master of the Thieves Guild Zeira. Whitka explains that she is willing to vouch for Sabirah for her skills. Zeira proposes a test for Sabirah and if she passes, she will be accepted into the guild. Sabirah was able to pass test without too much effort, much to Zeira’s surprise, and was officially a member of the Thieves Guild. For the next several years, Sabirah has taken on many contracts and heist around Hammerfell and even international jobs. During this time, Sabirah has trained in sword combat, archery, and further honing her thievery skills.
Sometimes down in the line, Sabirah was contracted from a collector to steal an ancient cup from a Nord vampire in a cave near Anvil in Cyrodiil. Sabirah travels to Cyrodiil and was able to steal the ancient cup. However, the vampire caught her and Sabirah was forced to fight him and manages to kill him. Sabirah turns in the cup to the collector and receives her reward. Sabirah suddenly feels weak and doesn’t know why. Sabirah rents a room at a tavern for the next few days and rested there. After three days has passed, Sabirah finds herself fully transformed into vampire and realizes that she must have contracted a disease from her fight with the vampire. Feeling thirsty, she kills the tavern owner by draining all her blood and quickly hides the body. Feeling that she needs to process the whole transformation, Sabirah decides to stay in Cyrodiil for a while. In the next day, a mysterious courier gives her a letter, which directs her to the cave where she slew the vampire. Sabirah enters the cave and finds a black robed figure standing near a fireplace. The figure introduces himself as Speaker Teranus for the Dark Brotherhood, who took notice of the murder of the tavern owner. The Speaker says he’s impressed with Sabirah’s ability to kill without remorse, her thievery skills, and her newfound vampirism, which he thinks will prove a great asset to the brotherhood. The speaker proposes her a place to join the brotherhood if she can do a quick contract. Sabirah quickly accepts the contract, knowing it will be a while before she returns to Hammerfell. Sabirah does the contract and for the Speaker and she was accepted as a new initiate to the brotherhood. The Speaker directs her to the sanctuary hidden in the Gold Coast and gives her the passphrase “Sublime, my brother”. Sabirah travels to the sanctuary and meets the matron, Astara Caerellius. Astara and the members welcome her with open arms, despite of her being a vampire.
For the next few years, Sabirah has taken on countless contracts for the Dark Brotherhood and honing her newfound vampiric powers. Sabirah eventually becomes a deadly member of the Dark Brotherhood with her deadly skills along with her new vampiric abilities. During one of the many contracts, she assassinated an ex-priest of the Tribunal. She took the priest’s golden Ordinator mask kept it for herself. Eventually, Sabirah returns to Abah’s Landing and resumes doing Thieves Guild contracts. Many members were surprised that she was alive and turned into a vampire. Sabirah continued her work with both the Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild, eventually to be called the Golden Bat. Her golden mask becomes her signature characteristic as a master thief and a master assassin. Sometimes down in the line, Sabirah returns to Sentinel and paid her family a visit, particularly her father. She murders him in cold-blood and drinks his blood for his betrayal.
Sabirah al-Saran will operate for the next few eras as an infamous thief/assassin. She would travel around Tamriel for different jobs and witness significant events such as the reign of the Septim dynasty, the return of the Nerevarine, the Oblivion crisis, and the Great War. None of these events would interfere her situation until the 4E 196. Sabirah was contracted to steal an ancient relic for a mysterious client. After she stole the ancient relic and turned it in to the client, Sabirah was ambushed by a group of men. The mysterious client has sold her out to a band of powerful vampire hunters. Sabirah managed to slay a few hunters, but their sun light spells proved too powerful for her and she was forced to flee. Knowing that the vampire hunters intend to go where she would likely be found, she escapes to Skyrim. Having all her contacts from the over provinces cut off, Sabirah had no choice but to seek out a vampire hideout in the wild. While it was far from ideal, Sabirah was forced to lay low for the next 5 years. And she will be ready to emerge from her hiding and her journey in Skyrim begins.
The Golden Bat is a master assassin/thief with vampiric powers at her arsenal. Her sole purpose is to do what she was trained to do many centuries ago, assassinate and steal. Therefore the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild questline is a must for the character. The Golden Bat sticks to the shadow often as she would strike and steal unseen. If unable to do that, she will engage in open combat and swiftly slay her enemies with her combined power of vampirism. She will acquire the Vampire Lord power through the Volkihar clan and would her newfound power. When she begin her journey in Skyrim, she will start as a Vampire in a vampire lair via Alternate Start mod to fit her backstory.
Thieves Guild: An important organization for her since she has been a member from a different branch for the last thousand centuries. Joining the guild is like returning to a previous life for her after her 5-year exile. The Golden Bat can also gain the benefits and blessing of the Nightingale since they are the agents of Nocturnal and they operate from the shadows.
Dark Brotherhood: The shadowy organization of assassination is another important part of her life, as it symbolized her rebirth as a vampire back in the second era. She has been an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood longer than most people and has witnessed many members come and go. To restore the Dark Brotherhood to its former glory is an important goal for the Golden Bat and to honor her unwavering loyalty to the Brotherhood.
Dawnguard (Volkihar Clan): With the vampires on the rise, the Dawnguard plans to eradicate the vampire threat. Rather than joining the vampire hunters, the Golden Bat will join the Volkihar Clan and gain the Vampire Lord power, which is a significant enhancement to her vampiric power. But the Golden Bat has no interest in having power over the sun, nor is she fond of Harkon’s plan. She will work actively with Serana to thwart the maniacal scheme.
College of Winterhold: The Golden Bat would want to expand her skill primarily in enchantments and destruction (since most of her vampiric powers are tied to destruction in the Vampire Lord form). A useful illusion spell to obtain is pacify to calm higher leveled npcs.
Main Questline: The Golden Bat can discover and learn her destiny as the Dragonborn, to develop her power of the shout. The Golden Bat was not interested in playing savior of Tamriel, she is only in for the power she can acquire.
- The Black Star: The Golden Bat will acquire the Black Star, as a useful source of replenishing her enchanted weapons
- Discerning the Transmundane: She will venture to Blackreach to acquire the knowledge from the Elder Scroll and obtain the Oghma Infinium. The book will prove useful in enhancing her choice skills (preferably thief skills if most of them are not maxed out).
- Pieces of the Past: She will collect the pieces of the infamous Mehrunes’ Razor and kill Silus to earn Dagon’s favor. She can use Mehrunes' Razor as one of the option for her daggers of choice.
Race, Standing Stone, and Stats:
As a Redguard (and with Imperious Race Mod), she starts of with 100 Health, 90 Magicka, and 110 Stamina. The first two stats to focus on are health and stamina in the beginning. Once the health and stamina are at an optimal point (250+), start putting some points into magicka as the Golden Bat would use some illusion spells like invisibility and calm spells. The standing stone will be Shadow Stone (Andromeda Standing Stones Mod), which allows her to increase sneak by 20% while sticking to the wall and increase movement speed in combat. The Golden Bat also comes with some passive abilities as well.
- Dust Storm: Killing people increases attack damage and critical strike damage and reduces spell costs by 30% for 5
- Nomadic Heritage: Redguard blood grants 50% disease resistance. When not in combat, you have unlimited Stamina.
- Tenacity: Magicka and Stamina regenerate up to 100% faster, based on missing Health.
Skills and Perks:
- 0 – One-Handed Mastery (2)– One-handed weapons do 25/50% more damage./, and critical strikes with one-handed weapons do 2% more critical damage per level of One-Handed.
- 20 – Disciplined Fighter– Reduces the Stamina cost of power attacks with one-handed weapons by 15 points.
- 30 – Bite Marks (3)– Unblocked attacks with daggers deal an additional ½/3 point/s of bleed damage per second for 30/45/60 seconds to living targets. This effect stacks.
- 30 – Ravage (2)– Dual wielding attacks are 20/35% faster.
- 40 – Cross Cut (2)– Unblocked regular attacks with a sword increase the damage of your power attacks against the target by 25/50% for 4 seconds.
- 40 – Furious Strength– Power attack damage with one-handed weapons increased by 15% plus 0.1% per point of Stamina. Unlocks decapitations.
- 40 – Savage (2)– Attacks with a dagger deal 25/50% more damage if you rapidly hit the target three or more times. Resets when 2 seconds pass between hits.
- 50 – Rogue’s Parry– When wielding a one-handed weapon and an empty other hand, attacking with the weapon while the opponent is winding up their attack or drawing a bow deals 40% more damage and delivers a critical strike.
- 50 – Twin Fang– Forwards power attacks with a dagger impale the target, dealing double Bite Marks damage, whether or not the attack is blocked.
- 60 – Swaying Cobra– Sideways power attacks with a dagger inflict distracting wounds, draining 100 points of Magicka and Stamina and halting regeneration for 5 seconds.
- 70 – Death Adder– Standing power attacks with a dagger ignore armor.
- 90 – Unleash the Beast– While dual wielding in combat, enter a murderous frenzy every 20 to 40 seconds. For 8 seconds, dual wield power attacks deal 50% more damage and 100% more critical damage.
- 0 – Light Armor Mastery (2)– Armor rating of Light Armor increased by 20/40%. You gain a small amount of Light Armor experience when wearing at least two pieces of Light Armor in combat.
- 20 – Annoying Mosquitoes (2)– You take 10/20% less attack damage from enemies with full Health if wearing all Light Armor.
- 30 – As a Leaf– While sprinting in Light Armor, you cannot be staggered and take 50% less damage from power attacks.
- 30 – Light Armor Fit– Armor rating of Light Armor increased by 25% if wearing all Light Armor.
- 40 – Initiative (2)– When you enter combat, if wearing all Light Armor, regenerate up to 10/20% of your maximum Stamina per second. This bonus gradually diminishes over the course of 15 seconds.
- 40 – Keen Senses– You no longer need to wear a helmet to benefit from perks that require “wearing all Light Armor”. If you are not wearing a helmet, Light Armor pieces have 20% increased armor rating.
- 50 – Unhindered– Light Armor weighs nothing and doesn’t slow you down when worn.
- 50 – Windrunner– Move 10% faster in combat if wearing all Light Armor.
- 60 – Evasive Leap– If wearing all Light Armor, jump in combat to cause all incoming attacks and spells to miss for 1 second. This effect has a 5 second cooldown.
- 60 – Into the Maelstrom– You take 10% less attack damage when fighting more than one enemy if wearing all Light Armor.
- 70 – Fight or Flight– When struck by an unblocked attack or spell in combat, an adrenaline rush regenerates 5% of your maximum Stamina per second for 6 seconds if wearing all Light Armor.
- 70 – Wardancer– Your agility enables you to strike more effectively, granting 20% more attack damage and critical damage if wearing all Light Armor. This effect is lost for 6 seconds whenever you get struck by an unblocked attack or a hostile spell in combat.
- 80 – Spelldancer– Wardancer also improves elemental (fire, frost and shock) spells and effects by the same amount.
- 80 – Survival Instinct– When you get struck by an unblocked attack or hostile spell in combat, gain 10% movement speed for 6 seconds if wearing all Light Armor.
- 80 – Wild and Free– While sprinting in Light Armor, you take 50% less damage from attacks.
- 90 – Glancing Blows– You take 30% less damage from blocked attacks while Wardancer is active. When you lose the Wardancer effect due to an unblocked attack, it also deals 30% less damage.
- 90 – Lightning Strike– Your critical strikes deal 75% more critical damage for 10 seconds after entering combat while wearing all Light Armor.
- 0 – Lockpicking Mastery (2)– Weaker/all locks are easier to pick
- 20 – Game of Fate– There are 5 Dragons of Fate hidden in random locked containers in Skyrim. Each grants 15000 gold and a free perk point when removed from its container. The name of the container changes to indicate the treasure inside.
- 30 – Robber’s Eye– When you enter a dwelling you don’t own, illuminates a locked container for 120 seconds. During this time, it contains valuable items (based on your Lockpicking skill and the difficulty of its lock). This can only occur once every 12-60 ingame hours.
- 30 – Wax Key– Gives you a copy of a picked lock’s key if it has one.
- 40 – Gone in Fifteen Seconds– Taking 15 seconds or less to pick the lock on a container illuminated by Robber’s Eye improves the added treasure by an average of 50% based on the level of the lock and resets the cooldown of Robber’s Eye.
- 50 – Nose for Treasure– You may choose an item type (gold, jewelry, books, ingredients, potions, ingots, weapons, armor, scrolls). Containers illuminated by Robber’s Eye are three times more likely to contain items of your chosen type over other types.
- 60 – Dungeoneer– Robber’s Eye also works in dungeons and lasts three times as long.
- 60 – Golden Touch– Find 20-100 more gold in many dungeon chests and 2-10 more gold in some corpses, urns, etc.
- 90 – Treasure Hunter– Increases the chance of finding an additional weapon or armor item in many dungeon chests from 10% to 15%.
- 100 – Seen This Before– Your skill at lockpicking is such that you may bypass locks of Expert or lower level without using a key or manually picking the lock. After picking or bypassing at least 100 locks, you gain 2 perk points.
- 0 – Sneak Mastery (2)– Sneaking is 15/30% more effective. Sneak success depends on visibility (movement and light level), sound (movement and armor weight), skill level and distance.
- 20 – Sneak Attack– Sneak attacks with one-handed weapons deal 100% more damage. Sneak attacks with any other weapon or fists deal 25% more damage.
- 30 – Fog of War– Sneaking is 15% more effective against targets that are in combat with you, or 30% if they are in combat with someone else.
- 30 – Silent Roll– Sprinting while sneaking executes a silent forward roll.
- 40 – Assassin’s Blade– Sneak attacks with daggers deal 1% more damage per level of Sneak.
- 40 – Dynamic Entry– Performing a silent roll increases your weapon damage by 40% and unarmed damage by 40 points for 3 seconds.
- 40 – Infiltrator– Your footsteps and equipped armor make 75% less noise when sneaking.
- 50 – Backstab (2)– You deal 25/50% more damage and critical damage with daggers when striking a target from behind.
- 50 – Light Foot– You won’t trigger pressure plates.
- 50 – Right Behind You– You are adept at hiding in your target’s blind spot. Sneaking is 15% more effective within 30 feet and 30% more effective within 15 feet.
- 60 – Disengage– Grants the “Disengage” power. Once a day, all enemies within 100 feet who are attacking you or searching for you instantly stop and resume their normal activities.
- 70 – Clean Escape– When you stand still for 8 seconds while sneaking, enemies within 150 feet no longer search for you.
- 80 – Behind Enemy Lines– Sneaking is 15% more effective for each enemy within 100 feet that is not detecting you.
- 80 – Problem Solver– Sneak attacks deal 10% more damage for each 200 points of Health the target has, up to 50% more damage.
- 90 – Cloak and Dagger– Breaking invisibility with a power attack is a guaranteed critical strike that deals 50% more critical damage.
- 90 – Shadow Warrior– Entering sneak mode in combat grants 2 seconds of invisibility, briefly leaving combat and forcing distant opponents to search for you. This effect has an 8 second cooldown.
- 100 – Laughing Ghost– Grants the “Laughing Ghost” power. At will, while sneaking, teleport through the shadows behind a target to attempt a sneak power attack with your right weapon that deals double sneak attack damage. The target must be out of combat.
- 0 – Archery Mastery (2)– Bows and crossbows deal 25/50% more damage./, and critical strikes with bows and crossbows do 2% more critical damage per level of Archery.
- 20 – Clean Kill– Bows and crossbows deal 20% more damage to a target at full Health.
- 20 – Wingstrike (2)– Bashing with a bow or crossbow always staggers the target. Bows and crossbows deal 20/40% more damage to that target for 10 seconds.
- 30 – Long Shot (3)– Bows and crossbows deal up to 40/60/80% more damage to targets beyond 50 feet. The damage bonus increases as distance increases.
- 30 – Steady Hand (3)– Pressing Block while aiming will zoom in your view/ and slow time by 25/50%.
- 40 – Crippling Shot– Arrows and bolts slow a target within 25 feet by 10% for 20 seconds. This effect stacks.
- 40 – Hunter’s Discipline– Recover twice as many arrows and bolts from dead bodies.
- 40 – Thread the Needle (2)– Bows and crossbows ignore 25/50% armor if the target is not moving.
- 50 – Pinning Shot– Arrows and bolts have a chance to stagger a target within 50 feet. More effective against targets with a lower remaining Health percentage. No effect on massive targets.
- 50 – Ranger– Can move at full speed with a drawn bow.
- 70 – Focus on the Prey– Cannot be staggered while holding a drawn bow or reloading a crossbow.
- 60 – Quick Shot– Can draw a bow or reload a crossbow 30% faster.
- 60 – Snipe– Shooting targets you haven’t shot within the past 10 seconds inflicts a critical strike that deals three times critical damage, and any weapon enchantments applied by the shot are twice as effective.
- 70 – Ambush Predator– After standing still for 6 seconds with a bow or crossbow out, it does 25% more damage until you move.
- 70 – Beak and Talon– Your shots disrupt targets within 25 feet, disarming them if they are power attacking and knocking them down if they are staggered.
- 80 – Hailstorm– Attack 8% faster with bows and crossbows for 10 seconds after shooting a fully drawn bow or crossbow in combat. This effect stacks.
- 80 – Hawkeye– Grants the “Hawkeye” power. Once a day, slow time and focus on your foes for 10 seconds, looking for opportunities for a killing shot. Finding their vulnerability takes 1 second per 125 Health. Once you do, you may shoot them for an instant kill.
- 90 – Three Crows– Shooting a target beyond 25 feet three times in rapid succession, leaving less than 2.75 seconds between each hit, deals bonus damage equal to 15% of the target’s current Health (max. 150 damage) and knocks the target to the ground.
- 100 – Perfect Aim– Bows deal 25% more damage if the shot strikes a target within 2 seconds after the bow is fully drawn. Crossbows deal triple damage to targets with 20% or less Health remaining.
- 0 – Enchanting Mastery (2)– New enchantments are 20/40% stronger. Soul gems provide 2/4 extra weapon charge points per level of Enchanting.
- 20 – Soul Siphon– Death blows with enchanted weapons to creatures, but not people, trap 5% of the victim’s soul, recharging the weapon. Does not apply to staves.
- 30 – Thunderstruck– Weapon enchantments are 25% more effective when delivered by a power attack (or 50% for a two-handed power attack).
- 40 – Gem Dust– You may choose to destroy a Flawless Gem when you begin the enchanting process and sprinkle its dust on the Arcane Enchanter. New enchantments are 25% stronger when placed upon an item of the type corresponding to the gem.
- 60 – Regalia– New enchantments placed upon robes, circlets, hoods and necklaces are 30% stronger.
- 70 – Attunement– All enchantments on equipped weapons and armor are 10% more powerful and last 10% longer.
- 80 – Twin Enchantment– Can place two enchantments upon the same item.
- 90 – Arcane Nexus– You may choose to upgrade one arcane enchanter to an Arcane Nexus for 2500 gold. New enchantments created at an Arcane Nexus are 25% stronger. Can be “Disassembled” by sneaking, allowing you to upgrade another.
- 100 – Miracle– You put your heart and soul into the next item you enchant at an Arcane Nexus, placing up to three enchantments upon it that are 25% stronger. Try as you might, you will never be able to repeat this feat.
- 0 – Illusion Mastery (2)– Illusion spells cost 35/50% less Magicka, Illusion spells last 0.5/1% longer per level of Illusion, and mind affecting Illusion spells (Calm, Fear, Frenzy, Rally) are 0.1/0.2 points stronger per level of Illusion.
- 20 – Dream Thief– Activate sleeping victims to steal their dream, increasing the effectiveness of your Illusion spells by 50% for 3600 seconds. Chance to fail and alert the victim, based on Illusion skill.
- 20 – Illusion Dual Casting– Dual casting an Illusion spell empowers it, increasing effectiveness and cost.
- 30 – Imposing Presence– You radiate an aura of mystical charisma that touches all within 40 feet. Any Illusion spell you cast on those affected is 25% more powerful and lasts 30% longer.
- 40 – Kindred Mage– Mind affecting spells and effects are 15 points stronger (or 30 points if you are the same race as the target).
- 40 – Silent Storm (2)– All spells you cast from any school of magic/, as well as all shouts, are silent to others.
- 40 – Wilting– Those affected by a Calm spell or effect within the radius of Imposing Presence lose 200 points of armor and 50% magic resistance.
- 70 – Shadow Refuge– While affected by an invisibility spell or effect, you take 35% less damage from attacks and sneaking is 15% better.
- 0 – Pickpocket Mastery (2)– Adds 20/40% to your pickpocket chance and increases carry weight by 50/100 points.
- 20 – Blood Money– You find 10-100 more gold when looting humanoid corpses you have slain in an especially violent fashion (with an attack that dealt at least 100 more damage than their remaining Health or a killmove).
- 30 – Cutpurse– Adds 25% to your chance to pickpocket gold, keys and jewelry.
- 30 – Thief’s Eye– When you enter a major city, illuminates a random citizen on the streets for 300 seconds. If you interact with the target during this time, they will carry valuable items (based on your Pickpocket skill). This can only occur once every 12-60 ingame hours.
- 40 – On the Run– After you successfully pickpocket someone, sneaking is 200% more effective and movement speed is increased by 25% for 10 seconds.
- 50 – Lawless World– Petty crimes are slowly forgotten, allowing your bounties for non-violent crimes to decay at a rate of 50% of your Pickpocket skill level each day.
- 50 – Thief’s Luck– You may choose an item type (gold, jewelry, books, ingredients, potions, ingots, scrolls). Those illuminated by Thief’s Eye are three times more likely to carry items of your chosen type over other types.
- 60 – Stalk the Prey– Preparing to pickpocket (sneaking behind a victim with the pickpocket message displayed) for at least 10 seconds adds 20% to your chance to pickpocket any item.
- 70 – Trickster– Can pickpocket equipped weapons. If the target is sleeping, can pickpocket any equipped item.
- 80 – Crime Wave– Shortly after you pickpocket or speak with the target illuminated by Thief’s Eye, a new victim is illuminated, up to 4 times in a row.
- 80 – You Saw Nothing– Grants the “You Saw Nothing” power. Once a day, distract a target and others in a 40 foot radius around the target. For 45 seconds, you will not receive a bounty if they are the only witness of your crimes. Does not prevent them from defending themselves.
- 90 – Robbed Blind– Adds the Thief’s Eye effect to You Saw Nothing.
- 100 – Dragon Hoard– Whenever you sleep with 50000 or more gold in your inventory, you may choose to spend it to purchase a perk point.
- 0 – Destruction Mastery (2)– Destruction spells cost 35/50% less Magicka, and Destruction spells are 0.25/0.5% more powerful per level of Destruction.
- 30 – Raw Power (3)– Destruction spells that do not deal fire, frost or shock damage are 10/20/30% more powerful.
Life as a Vampire:
With the power of the vampire at her side, The Golden Bat gains huge advantage in her exploit as an assassin and a thief. She will use her various powers to aid her in contracts for assassinations and thievery. (With the Sacrosanct Vampires of Skyrim, it expands the powers for use in mortal form.)
- Dominate: Illusion spells cast by a vampire are 25% more powerful and last 25% longer on creatures and people.
- Moonlit Waters: A vampire can swim underwater without drowning, and walk across the surface.
- Resist Disease: Your Vampiric blood gives you 100% resistance to disease.
- Resist Frost: Your Vampiric blood gives you 50 (Sated) to 20 (Blood Starved)% resistance to Frost.
- Resist Poison: Your Vampiric blood gives you 100% resistance to poison.
- Still Heart: A vampire is 25% harder to detect by creatures and people while sneaking.
- Trespassing Curse: When trespassing in someone else’s home, lose 10 points of Magicka and Stamina per second. (Recommended to be turned off via MGM with SkyUI mod)
- Weakness to Fire: Your Vampiric blood gives you 20 (Sated) to 50 (Blood Starved)% weakness to Fire.
- Weakness to Sunlight: Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in Sunlight and are reduced by 25 (Sated) to 100 (Blood Starved)
As a vampire, the Golden Bat will experience thirst every now and then. If she doesn’t feed, she will gain new abilities, but also some detrimental ones too:
- Fortitude: Vampiric blood makes you hard to kill. Upon taking fatal damage, you come back to life, becoming thirstier.
…when Thirsty, turns into…
- Wassail: The Beast awakens below 25% Health in combat, draining Health, Magicka and Stamina during combat and reducing them by 10 points until you feed.
- Kiss of Death: Draining a victim (killing them by feeding) permanently increases Health, Magicka and Stamina by 1.
…when Parched, turns into…
- The Beast: Unable to Feed and can only Drain mortal victims, which kills them. (Immortal targets can’t be drained.)
- Presence: Your Vampiric charm makes intimidation attempts twice as likely to succeed, and buying items is 5% cheaper.
…when Blood Starved, turns into…
- Mockery of Life: Healing spells and effects no longer heal you. Potions of Blood have no effect. You don’t regenerate Health
As a Redguard, she also gains a unique racial ability as a vampire:
Ruler of Locusts: Once per battle, activate an enemy humanoid to send insects that deal 5 poison damage for 60 seconds.
Spells and Powers: The Golden Bat gains new powers if she gets thirstier, but these powers will be lost once she feeds. (There is one unique passive ability that counteract the loss of power:
- Vampire’s Seduction: 1/day – Silently bewitches a person up to level 10 for 30 seconds, calming them and allowing you to feed.
- Vampire’s Sight: At will – Improved night vision. Cast again to disable.
- Vampire’s Will: 1/day – Clouds a person’s mind for 120 (Sated) to 15 (Blood Starved) seconds, ending combat and making them unlikely to detect you while sneaking.
- Vampiric Drain: Spell – Absorb 5 (Sated) to 20 (Blood Starved) points of Health per second from the target.
- Blood Cauldron: At will – Expend some of your Vampiric blood to replenish Health, Magicka and Stamina, becoming thirstier.
…when Thirsty, turns into…
- Blood Revel: At will – In combat, gain 25% bonus attack damage and spell effectiveness for 120 seconds or until combat ends, but activate Wassail.
- Nightwalk: At will – Send forth a mist for 15 Use again to teleport to its location. Maximum range is 100 feet.
…when Parched, turns into…
- Obfuscate: 1/day – Blend into your surroundings, gaining unbreakable invisibility for 60
- Vampire’s Command: At will – When talking to unoccupied people, adds new dialogue options that must be obeyed. Lasts 60
…when Blood Starved, turns into…
- Flaywind: 1/day – Target person within 10 feet flees while vampire bats absorb 25 Health per second for 30 If the target dies, counts as feeding.
Vampire Rank Abilities: As she spends more time as a vampire and feeding on more victims, she becomes more powerful. The Golden Bat can gain abilities as she rises in vampire rank by feeding and draining victims. The vampire rank goes by the following:
After feeding enough victims and advancing through the ranks, she can go to sleep and choose a new ability or power:
- Blood Bond: Feeding on a sleeping victim makes them a lover, potential follower and marriage partner.
- Blood Knight: Able to feed on staggered enemies in combat for 50 points of Stamina.
- Cauldron of Fire: After using Blood Cauldron, deal double attack damage and take half attack damage for 30
- Dance with the Beast: Attack damage dealt doubled and attack damage taken halved while affected by Wassail, until combat ends.
- Eyes of the Predator: At will – Spend Health to detect creatures and people within a 500 feet cone for 30 Cast again to disable.
- Harvest Moon: Draining a victim also generates a Potion of Blood.
- King Among Kine: You no longer lose any powers when feeding.
- Oberon’s Grail: Reduces the chance to fall victim to Wassail in combat by 75%.
- Path of Humanity: Increased chance to delay the progression of Vampiric thirst.
- Night of the Wolf: Able to sneak feed on people who are not detecting you.
- Summon to Molag’s Court: 1/day – Commands the nearest person within 150 feet to come to you for 120 seconds, allowing you to feed. Feeding resets the cooldown.
- Vicissitude: Hemomancy spells other than Blood Seed do 25% more damage to targets affected by Blood Seed.
- Wicked Wind: At will – Dash instantly to a target location within 15
(Lore wise and backstory speaking, she has been a vampire since the 2nd era and would already have gained a significant portion of power and would be at the rank of a Nightmaster vampire. Use the MCM menu to change the ageing speed to maximum of 1000% so she can advance to the next vampire rank through feeding and draining more quickly and through less victims.)
Blue Blood: The Golden Bat can develop her powers even more by feeding on individuals who are dubbed with “Blue Blood”. These are powerful individuals in Skyrim (like Ulfric Stormcloak, General Tullius, etc) and feeding on them grants new and powerful passive abilities. There will be a new quest called “Blue Blood”, which adds pointers on the map to those powerful individuals. The abilities unlock in a fixed order as follows:
- Potence:Vampiric strength grants 15% more attack damage, increased to 30% when Sated.
- Sense Vitae:Activate a living target while sneaking to learn its attributes and resistances.
- Eyes of the Moon:Your Vampire’s Seduction power can affect targets up to 50 levels higher.
- Tooth and Claw:Your attacks deal 25% more damage to targets affected by a Hemomancy spell such as Blood Seed.
- Mytherceria:Day passes 20% faster and night passes 30% slower.
- Masquerade:You are no longer hated and feared when Blood Starved.
- Daywalker:You are immune to non-lethal Sunlight.
Life as a Vampire Lord:
Through the power and gift from Harkon, she gains the power granted by Molag Bal himself. While the power of Vampire Lord provides game changing benefits, the Golden Bat would not use the form of Vampire Lord often, only in serious emergency when she was seriously outnumbered. She prefers to sneak and stick to the shadows, but if not she will use her daggers and some spells at her disposal. Some perks that are gained through the form of vampire lord can also benefit her in mortal form. While the Golden Bat can certainly expand her power as a vampire lord, these following perks are the ones that benefit her in mortal form:
- Court’s Chef: Able to create Blood Potions at a cooking pot. Using Human Flesh yields 1 Blood Potion and using a Human Heart yields 2 Blood Potions. Additionally, consuming a Blood Potion advances Vampire Lord perks.
- White Wolf: Your Vampire’s Seduction power now works on targets 15 levels higher and you may Drain people under its effect regardless of how thirsty you are. Additionally, Draining a sleeping or seduced victim advances Vampire Lord perks.
- Psychic Vampire: Feeding on victims depletes their Magicka and Stamina and increases the effectiveness of Dominate and Still Heart against them to 200% for 30
- Embrace the Beast: You are stronger when Blood Starved: you deal 25% more attack damage, Flaywind lasts 100% longer and Vampiric Drain deals 50% more damage and has 15% chance per second to cast a Flaywind on humanoid targets for 5 points of magic damage for 10
- Foster Childe: Able to Embrace a sleeping victim when feeding, turning them into a vampire who will fight for you and making them a lover, potential follower and marriage partner.
- Amaranth: Vampire’s Seduction works on vampires. Able to Drain humanoid vampires to disintegrate them and absorb their power. Your reward for this depraved act is a 30% bonus to combat and social skills while weaker vampires flee from you, for 5
Weapons, Armor, and Items:
- Golden Tribunal Mask (Mask of Golden Bat)
- Amplify Illusion 50%, Fortify Sneak 50%, and Health Regeneration 30%+
- Vampire Hood (Optional, found in Bloodchill Manor CC)
- Fortify Archery 50%, Fortify Lockpicking 50%
- Rogue Thief Armor (Warmonger Armory mod)
- Fortify Light armor 50 points, Resist Magic 25%
- Rogue Thief Boots
- Fortify Sneak 50%, Muffle
- Light Volkihar Knight Gauntlet (Rename: Claws of al-Saran)
- Fortify Onehanded 50%, Fortify Sneak Damage 50% (mod)
- Necklace of choice
- Fortify Illusion -30%, Fortify Stamina Regeneration 25%
- Ring of Choice
- Fortify Sneak 50%, Resist Fire 50%
- Black Crow Dagger (unechanted version, obtained via console commands)
- Frost Damage 20, Shock Damage 20
- Good alternative dagger can be Ebony Dagger
- Wicked Dagger (immersive weapons)
- Absorb Health 15, Fire Damage 15
- Firiniel’s End (unenchanted version from ArteFakes mod, can be crafted with the original in inventory and with the book Forge, Hammer, and Anvil)
- Frost Damage 20, Absorb Health 15
- Good bow alternative can be Nightingale Bow
- Harkon’s Sword (optional)
- Or better, Master Invisibility (Dragonborn Crafting Hall)
- Soul Trap (For using the Black Star)
- Vampire Seduction
- Vampire’s Sight
- Obusfcate: Blends with the environment and gain unbreakable invisibility for 30 seconds
- Flaywind: Once per day, send a swarm of bats toward a target to absorb 25 point of health. If the target dies, counts as feeding
The gameplay style for the Golden Bat build revolves several mods. Since it involves using Ordinator, the character level would be roughly at least level 100+ with the perks for main skills. The Golden Bat usually stick to the shadow to commit assassination and stealing, but she can utilize her dual wielding daggers to dispatch her foes easily. For close combat, dual-wielding daggers are the ideal weapon choice because most of the perks in onehanded tree are spent on dagger. With those perks, the daggers can deal extra bleed damage to targets in addition with the enchantments. You can also utilize the bow for ranged combat or sniping from the distance, so you can also player as an archer. As a vampire, you need to constantly feed, either through sleeping victims, drinking blood potions, or draining them. Draining targets will kill them but will advance the vampire rank faster (Sacrosanct Vampire mod). Assassinating targets for the Dark Brotherhood are perfect opportunities to drain the targets while sleeping. The Golden Bat does not really revolve around magic gameplay, so she would not often use the Vampire Lord power, only in emergency. When not in combat, you can use vampire seductions to trap her target in a trance and can feed/drain them.
Creation Club Mods:
- Bloodchill Manor
- Immersive Armors
- Royal Armory
- Ordinator Perks
- Alternate Start
- Imperious Race
- Sacrosanct- Vampires of Skyrim
- Warmonger Armory (Unofficial Fixed SSE Port):
- Andromeda Standing Stones
- Summermyst Enchantments
- Volkihar Knight:
- Artful Dodger: Make pickpocketing more easy to perform at the chance of success at 90%, even at a low level. Once the pickpocket skill reaches to 100, the default value of chance of success increases to 99%.
- Dragonborn Crafting Hall Special Edition
- Ordinator Perks (enhancements):
- 20 Percent more Perk Points or 50 Percent more Perk Points options
- All Armor, All Enchantments
- Multiple Enchantments, Ordinator Patch
- Reliquary of Myth – Artifact Overhaul
- Artefakes-Unique Artifacts Replacers
- Immersive Weapons:
Once again, I don’t think this build is 100% perfect since it hinges on many mods I use, including the optional ones. Like my previous build, mods that play on some “game breaking or immersion breaking mods” to make the ideal build. Again, this is not a typical level 50 build and it does go above that. Like the mod Proteus “redefines how you play Skyrim” in many ways and offers many possibilities such as character modification. Once again, you’re welcome to try and experiment some possible ways to further optimize the build as long it doesn’t deviate too much from the intended playstyle. Comments and feedbacks are still appreciated. Chances are though, some feedbacks from the previous build are not exactly applied in this one. (Will try to work on them in my next build).
This is only my second build, and my first build was inspired by John Wick. This second build is supposedly partly inspired by Sofia (Halle Berry) from John Wick 3. The vampire aspect of the build was my idea to add extra aesthetic and different gameplay possibilities, as well as for backstory. While I did not say it in the gameplay, you can use the Death Hounds from the Volkihar clan to fit the role like Sofia with her dogs. I absolutely love the John Wick movie series, which I stated in my first build. I intend to make a few more character builds that are based on some major characters from the John Wick movie series, including the one character played by Donnie Yen in the upcoming John Wick Chapter 4.